These delicate Cranberry Baked Brie Bites are really simple to make utilizing puff baked good, dijon mustard, Brie cheddar, cranberry sauce, or your #1 jam. Extraordinary occasion starter or whenever nibble!
I love handheld starters and when made with puff cake they’re stunningly better. Take these Cranberry Brie Pastry Bites for example. They may appear as though you invested on a great deal of energy making them, yet you will not and they can without much of a stretch be made early and frozen.
You’ll invest less energy in the kitchen then you think and more with your visitors.
It’s now Fall again and Thanksgiving is around the bend.
Puff baked good consistently works for me when time is crunched and a scrumptious tidbit is required.
These are really simple to make utilizing puff baked good, dijon mustard, Brie cheddar, cranberry sauce, or your #1 jam, and these meet up in a matter of seconds.
- 1 17.3-oz. package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed but cold
- 8 oz wheel Brie cheese cold
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce or jam (See Below recipe)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 tbsp milk
Cranberry Orange Sauce
- 8 oz cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp orange extract
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat baking sheets.
- Slice the Brie into 18 wedges. I cut the wheel of cheese in half, then each half into 3 pie slice shapes and each pie slice shape into 3 pieces. Repeat with other brie half. Using an open hand gently press down each piece or cheese to flattened slightly (or the sharp edges will poke through pastry). Set aside.
- Unfold each puff pastry sheet on flour dusted work surface. Roll out to create 12″x12″ square. Using a pizza cutter or knife cut each sheet into 9 squares.
- Place each puff pastry square on baking sheet Dip finger in small bowl of water and brush outside edge of each puff pastry square. Brush pastry square center with mustard then place a wedge of Brie on top then a dollop of cranberry sauce or jam on top of the cheese. Repeat for all 18.
- Fold each puff pastry over the cheese so that the two corners of the squares come together to form a triangle. Using a fork, crimp together the edges to seal.
- Whisk together the egg and milk then brush the puff pastry triangles. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cranberry Orange Sauce
- In a sauce pan bring the water, sugar and cranberries to a boil. Reduce heat and add the orange extract. Stir often and allow to break down and thicken on low heat for 15 minutes. Set aside. Sauce will thicken as it cools. I refrigerated this before I used it in this recipe.
Calories: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 475mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 1.6mg