This Baked Chicken Caprese formula is the first in my new Baked Chicken Series and takes the newness of a Caprese Salad and weds it with a just prepared heated chicken for a speedy and sound supper in minutes!
This Baked Chicken Caprese is a simple to make one skillet feast that has pesto covered chicken and mozzarella cheddar, gets heated and afterward finished off with tomato cuts, hacked basil and balsamic coating.
I love pesto, so it needed to come in and add that knock of flavor in this. The rest is SO EASY. Layer, heat, eat!
Caprese Salad is one of those Italian exemplary plates of mixed greens that never appear to disappear on account of their straightforwardness and that reality it’s so darn scrumptious!
Thick, succulent tomatoes, new mozzarella cheddar, new basil and a sprinkle of olive oil. Kissed with some balsamic decrease, new back pepper and I could eat a plate without help from anyone else!
- 4 chicken breasts 2 lbs boneless and skinless
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh pesto
- 2 Roma tomatoes sliced
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese sliced (See Note 1)
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze/syrup
- fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken breasts in a rectangle 9×12″ casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Divide and spread pesto evenly over chicken breasts.
- Add 2-3 slices of fresh Mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast.
- Bake for 30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts. (See Note 2)
- Allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing or serving. When serving, top each chicken breast with slices of Roma tomatoes and fresh chopped basil. Drizzle balsamic glaze on top of each. Serve on its own, over pasta of choice, or roasted potatoes.
- I get mine from Costco, they come pre-sliced in a package.
- If chicken breasts are too thick (1 inch or more), slice in half horizontally and pound between sheets of plastic wrap for even thickness. For best results, use an instant read thermometer, the chicken is cooked when it reaches internal temperature of 165°F.
Calories: 566kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 62g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 192mg | Sodium: 950mg | Potassium: 953mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1334IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 351mg | Iron: 1mg