Some of the time the most straightforward of plans makes for the most delicious and permits the new fixings to truly radiate through. That is the situation with these Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Leeks with Ginger.
Skillet or stove broiled, brussels sprouts build up a superbly nutty character and the cut leeks transform into a practically rich surface. I’m figuring this vegetable side dish could be another one to add to your supper revolution. Thrown with new ginger and presented with a touch of lime zing, this is a fast and scrumptious side for any table. Occasion side dish thoughts!
There’s truly very little to these delights. I quarter the brussels fledglings and skillet cook them until seared and nutty in flavor, as in my Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Simple Roasted Vegetables with Honey and Balsamic Syrup. Make certain to clean the leeks completely as they are famously known for having soil in the leaves. No compelling reason to pound down those teeth. No, no.
Dave and I love brussels sprouts and as I container cook these the two young men (our canines Oliver and Kodi) take a gander at me from the side of the kitchen with at least some expectations of a treat. I throw them a carrot or two. We don’t as a rule feed them individuals food, however they love their carrots and a periodic piece of Costco rotisserie chicken or three. Ssssh, don’t tell.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts See Note 1
- pinch salt
- 2 large leeks See Note 2
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 medium lime See Note 3
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sprouts and season with salt. Toss well to coat with oil.
- Cover the pan with the lid ajar by about 1 inch. Turn heat down to medium low, and cook, stirring occasionally. The sprouts should start to brown, 8 to 12 minutes. As the mixture cooks, you will hear a gentle sizzle.
- In a small microwave safe bowl add butter and ginger. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Finely grate lime for 1 teaspoon of zest and set aside. Squeeze lime for 1 tablespoon of juice and add to butter ginger mixture.
- Uncover the Brussels sprouts, turn the heat down to low, add the cleaned leeks (with any water still clinging to them) and cook, stirring occasionally. Try pushing the vegetables back into a single layer so that most have direct contact with the pan. Pan roast until the leeks are limp and the sprouts are well browned, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Pour the ginger butter mixture over vegetables and toss well to coat. Season to taste with salt and top with the lime zest.
- Trim and quarter lengthwise if large, halve if small.2. For the leeks use the white and light-green parts only, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.3. Finely grate to for 1 teaspoon of zest and squeeze for 1 tablespoon of juice.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 538mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1775IU | Vitamin C: 106.6mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 2.7mg