Savory Zucchini Cheddar Quick Bread! Got a few zukes hanging around? This is a perfect way to use them!
Regardless of whether you become your own or get them at your food merchant, zucchini are consistently abundant this season. I love them barbecued yet I’ll take them introduced in a portion of this delish simple to make messy bread!Quick bread is a bread that utilizes leveners, such as heating pop and preparing powder rather than yeast. A great deal like a roll mixture just gooier. The excellence of this bread, other than the stunning flavor, is it’s totally blended in one bowl and no keeping an eye out for it to rise!This bread is so natural, no massage for a lot detail. (manipulate, get it?… .a little bread humor. Ya, I know… ugh).
A savory quick, one bowl, bread thats full of fresh zucchini and cheddar! Make this to go with soups, salads or toast it up for a delicious breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk I used 2% but whole or non fat would be fine
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, white or apple cider
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 5 bread pan with non stick spray.
- Wrap grated zucchini in a paper towel and squeeze until some of the liquid releases. You don’t need to completely dry it out. Just a tablespoon of liquid or so.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and vinegar. The milk will curdle a bit. (you just made homemade buttermilk!) Mix in melted butter and egg.
- Add milk mixture to dry mixture being careful not to over mix. (over mixing will make for a low rising bread).
- Add grated zucchini, cheese and onions. Mixing lightly until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- If toothpick inserted comes out clean, bread is done! Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove carefully and cool on wire rack.
To use buttermilk; Simply omit the milk and vinegar combination and replace with one cup of buttermilk.