For my Walnut Crusted Pesto Salmon I squeezed new, cleaved California Walnuts on all sides and finished off the prepared salmon with a hand crafted pecan pesto rather than the customary pine nuts. Delicate and flakey, this salmon is prepared, speedy and on the table in less than 30 minutes.
I’m energized that the present post is supported by my companions over at California Walnut Board. Regardless of whether toasted to draw out their flavor more, slashed, sauced or utilized in lieu of pine nuts for pesto, pecans are so adaptable.
To keep them new, I ordinarily keep mine in the cooler and haul them out when prepared to cook or heat with. Like for this Walnut Crusted Pesto Salmon.
The pesto is really simple to make and rather than conventional pine nuts I utilized California Walnuts. Look at the formula here for my natively constructed pesto in minutes and trade out the nuts.
Did you realize that numerous individuals think all fat is terrible, yet your body needs a specific measure of good fat and that can be found in food varieties like avocados, salmon and olive oil to keep a nutritious eating regimen. What’s more, WALNUTS.
- 1 lb boneless salmon filets
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup
- Allow salmon to come to room temperature before cooking and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Sprinkle both sides of the salmon filets with salt and pepper.
- Chop walnuts or pulse in food processor until fine crumb. Place in a shallow, rimmed dish. Press salmon into walnuts to coat on all sides. Place in oven proof baking dish or foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle tops with oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn broiler on high and broil for 3 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, top with pesto and allow to rest 3 minutes. Serve over lightly dressed spinach greens and tomatoes (optional), or your favorite sides.
Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 340mg | Potassium: 620mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 670IU | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1.5mg