For Super Bowl we had a few companions over and we did something reasonable of nibbling and eating. The primary grub for that half time break was some Chipotle Chili con Carne with Hominy that Dave made. I froze the extras and an evening or two ago we ate it once more. I thought I’d share it with you as it’s stunningly better the second time around!
Dave is a BIG stew sweetheart and I like mine with beans added. He’s made a genuine hot one on the off chance that you like that that we have named Dave’s 5 Alarm Chili. That one packs some warmth!
We additionally love hominy and he chose to change everything around by adding chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, brilliant hominy and pinto beans for me. This is a rib staying, good and very delightful bean stew that is loaded with those enormous and striking flavors that are inseparable from this site.
The hominy flavor doesn’t get lost with all that is going on here, yet adds to it. The adobo sauce and chipotle chiles add a required knock in flavor and warmth here too. Adobo sauce is essentially what you see chipotle chiles pressed in, with chipotle chiles being smoked jalapeños. Adobo is a dim red, sharp seasoned sauce that is produced using ground chiles, spices and vinegar.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 Anaheim chile pepper chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs lean ground beef 80/20
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chipotle pepper
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce that chipotle comes in
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried Mexican oregano
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 light beer Corona
- 15.5 oz can Golden Hominy drained
- 15 oz can pinto beans drained
- 2 – 14 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 12 oz tomato paste
- In a large stock pot over medium heat add the oil and sauté the jalapeños, garlic, onion and chile. Add ground beef and cook until browned and season with salt to taste.
- Next add the remaining ingredients, stir to combine, cover and simmer on low for 2 hours. If there is too much liquid at this time, simmer to reduce with lid off for 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped cilantro.
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 34.1g | Protein: 27.9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0.5g | Cholesterol: 61.4mg | Sodium: 478.5mg | Fiber: 7.8g | Sugar: 5g