Keto bacon wrapped chicken breast is cheesy, salty, and the perfect weeknight dinner. I love making meals that put a smile on everyone’s faces when they hear that is what they are having. This delicious cheesy bacon chicken does just that! With only 5 ingredients and a 5-minute preparation, you will feel the bacon love in no time! This easy recipe is low carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
At the point when you make this simple messy bacon chicken, have confidence that everybody will eat up it. On the off chance that you are facilitating a supper gathering or are simply wanting some ordinary solace food, at that point this is the formula for you. It’s really flexible and goes with a wide range of things.
My bacon wrapped chicken is somewhat of a cheat. I’ve discovered that totally enveloping the chicken by bacon can leave you with soaked bacon on the base. It’s simpler, and quicker, to simply lay the bacon on top of the chicken.The hardest piece of this chicken supper is that you need to hang tight for it to cook and smell how stunning it is.
If the chicken hasn’t been cooked yet, you will notice an odor and the coloring will be more of a gray than pink. Never risk eating old raw chicken, because it can make you very ill. If you have already baked the bacon wrapped chicken, then you may notice that it appears really watery when it’s going bad. You may also notice that it smells weird or has mold growing on it. When in question, toss it to be safe.
Cheesy Bacon Chicken – with only 5 ingredients and a 5-minute preparation, you will feel the bacon love in no time! With a quick tip, you can have all the flavors of bacon wrapped chicken for dinner in about 40 minutes.
- 5-6 chicken breasts cut in half width wise to make wide, thin pieces (about 2.5-3 lbs.)
- 2 tbsp seasoning rub (I use my smoked paprika rub, but you can use a seasoning salt or bbq rub – basically any rub with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika – not an herb rub)
- ½ lb bacon cut strips in half
- 4 oz shredded cheddar
- sugar free barbecue sauce (optional, to serve).
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Rub both sides of chicken breasts with seasoning rub. Top each with a piece of bacon. Bake for 30 min on the top rack until the chicken is 160 degrees and the bacon looks crispy.
- Remove tray from the oven and sprinkle the cheese oven the bacon. Put back in the oven for about 10 min until the cheese is bubbly and golden. Serve with barbecue sauce.
I always use my Smoked Paprika Seasoning Rub on this. It has only 4 ingredients and lasts for months. I make a big batch and use it on chicken and pork frequently.