Dates, pecans and bacon get hacked and mixed with nut margarine, oats and dried cherries for these no heat Savory Walnut Breakfast Bars. We regularly take these on climbs with the canines for simple eating or at whatever point hunger hits.
I’m energized that the present post is supported by my companions over at California Walnut Board. Pecans are so adaptable for eating thoughts, yet in cooking and preparing employments.
Did you realize that over 99% of the pecans in U.S. are filled in the prolific soils of California’s Central Valley? Globally, California pecans supply 3/4 of the world’s pecan exchange. Really astonishing!
These are really simple to assemble, and with no preparing required, keeps the kitchen cool in the late spring.
Subsequent to preparing the fresh bacon, pecans and doused dates to a disintegrate in the food processor I add them to a bowl of grains like puffed rice and millet. Oats, dried cherries and vanilla are a portion of the sound elements for these pecan breakfast bars.
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 dates pitted
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup crisp brown rice or Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup puffed millet
- 1 cup dried cherries chopped
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 9×9″ baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang.
- Cook bacon until rendered and crisp. Break into pieces, set aside. Remove the pits from the dates and discard. Soak the dates for 5 minutes with enough hot water to just cover, set aside.
- Place the walnuts and bacon in a food processor and pulse for two minutes to start breaking down the nuts to a meal like consistency. Add the drained dates, water and kosher salt and pulse again for a minute or two until it comes together.
- In a large bowl mix the oats, grain cereals, nuts, cherries and walnut date mixture. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the almond butter, peanut butter, honey, and kosher salt. Heat mixture on HIGH power for 1 minute, remove and stir. Return to microwave and heat on HIGH power 1 minute longer. Remove from microwave, pour in vanilla and whisk mixture to thoroughly incorporate.
- Pour nut butter mixture over oat/cereal mixture and toss well to evenly coat. This will be thick. Spread mixture into 9×9″ baking dish for tall or 13×9″ for thinner bars and firmly press with a spatula into an even layer making sure to spread to all edges.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator 1 hour minimum. Lift bars from dish using paper overhang and cut into squares/bars. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 227mg | Potassium: 328mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 325IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 2.2mg