Fiery Thai Spaghetti Salad is a delightful contort on a potluck exemplary ~ fast to plan utilizing normal fixings, the Asian flavors in this brilliant pasta salad truly pop. It’s a simple summer side plate of mixed greens formula ideal for grill season!
I get a portion of my best formula thoughts from the shop counter at my number one market. They make shockingly great plates of mixed greens and we like to pick 2 or 3 and call it supper throughout the mid year months when it’s excessively hot and tacky to cook. I picked three a week ago and I adored them such a lot of I’m reproducing every one for the blog. This Thai spaghetti salad is a contort on a potluck staple, spaghetti salad.
Arranged plates of mixed greens are typically simple to duplicate since they generally have their fixings printed directly on the mark of the holder. By law they need to list the fixings in sliding request of the sum utilized. I just utilized the mark on my saved plastic holder to construct this brilliant fiery Thai spaghetti salad, beginning with the pasta, red cabbage, and carrots, directly through to the cayenne pepper and peanuts. It was fun, and it turned out great.
It’s generous, beautiful, and can be made early, the flavors really advantage from a brief period in the ice chest. It’s an affordable method to take care of a group, and there’s no mayo to ruin outside, all things considered. The Thai flavors make it special.
- 8 ounces of regular spaghetti, broken in half, cooked in plenty of salted water to al dente and rinsed well with cold water
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bunch (about 6-8) green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 handful cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 handful basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 heaping Tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- To make the dressing put all the ingredients in a small bowl and use an immersion blender to process into an emulsified dressing. Thin with more oil or vinegar to taste, if necessary.
- Put the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
notes and variations
- Make it a main course ~ add chunks of chicken, tender steak, or grilled shrimp.
- Make it gluten/grain free ~ try this with zucchini noodles (spiralized zucchini) or spaghetti squash.
- Make it with more veggies ~ try frozen and thawed edamame beans, broccoli, or bok choy, snap peas, or green beans.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 205mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2291IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg