Whether you’re hosting a homestyle fiesta or entertaining friends on game day, these Easy Cheesy Taco Sliders will be the star of the gathering. To prepare, slider rolls are stuffed with taco seasoned ground beef, then sandwiched together with two heavenly layers of Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices. After being brushed with butter, they’re baked until the rolls are golden and the cheese has melted; turning them into a gooey extravaganza
My family cherishes cheddar in any flavors. On the off chance that a dish is loaded up with cheddar, sprinkled or loaded down with cheddar, it’s guaranteed, they’ll eat up it. They likewise love tacos thus, in the wake of perusing the cut cheddar in the dairy passageway at my neighborhood Harris Teeter, I was enchanted to track down this astounding new Sargento cheddar item to join into a fun, easygoing supper. Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices mixes the smoothness of Monterey Jack with Chipotle Cheddar, Colby and Pepper Jack cheddar across the board 100% genuine, regular cheddar cut, making it the ideal consumable “stick” to keep these South-of-the-line roused, Taco Sliders unblemished.
- For a life hack, the taco hamburger filling can be made ahead of time, at that point put into a water/air proof holder and chilled. You could even freeze it on the off chance that you’re arranging an impending occasion.
- I like serving these messy sliders with grouped fixings so everybody can dress their Taco Sliders to their own taste.
- They’re loaded with flavor and the Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices give two layers of ooey gooey softened cheddar that makes them overwhelming.
- olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 1 small poblano pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 ¼ lb lean ground beef
- 1 1.25 oz package taco seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 12 oz mild taco sauce
- 1 15 oz 12-count potato slider rolls sliced though middle
- 16 slices Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Assorted toppings: shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream, olives for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat a few drizzles of olive oil. Cook diced onion and peppers over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Season with garlic salt.
- Add ground beef to skillet. Continue to cook for 8-10 minutes or until no pink remains. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Add taco seasoning, lemon pepper and taco sauce. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix melted butter with ¼ tsp of garlic salt. Set aside.
- Separate rolls removing the top from the bottom half. Center bottom halves on baking sheet. Cover with 8 slices of Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices cutting pieces to fit, if needed.
- Spread the taco filling evenly over the cheese. Arrange remaining 8 slices of Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices over filling.
- Brush cheese with melted butter. Cover with top half of rolls. Brush tops and sides of rolls with remaining butter. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan, if desired.
- Cover loosely with foil. Bake for 25 minutes then uncover and continue to bake another 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and tops are golden.
- Serve warm with assorted toppings, if desired.
The filling can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored chilled in an airtight container.