This pineapple dream dessert is one of my family’s favorites. You know those desserts that seem to be at all the family gatherings? Those recipes that your grandma has been making for years? Like Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Ambrosia and Watergate Salad. This is one of those desserts.
This light and fleecy pineapple cream cheddar treat can be effectively moved, subsequently it showing up at each one of those family capacities, and once in a while has leftovers.I’ve had comparable responses to this Chocolate Lasagna formula, everybody appears to cherish it. So the lone thing you’ll bring home is a dish that requirements washing!
Back in the last part of the 60’s Cool Whip entered the commercial center. It just required two years for this comfort thing to turn into the organization’s top of the line thing. Cool Whip has experienced harsh criticism ordinarily and the current form presently contains milk and cream.If you like, you can substitute newly made whipped cream for the Cool Whip in this formula. To substitute crisp whipping cream for the 8-ounce tub of Cool Whip, 1 cup of crisp whipping cream whipped is the appropriate substitution.HOWEVER Cool Whip has stabilizers in it that help hold its shape while crisp whipping cream doesn’t. There you can attempt this formula for natively constructed balanced out whipped cream to supplant the Cool Whip.
On the off chance that you love the possibility of this pineapple dream dessert, you’ll love the strawberry form too-Strawberry Dream Dessert. You’re fundamentally trading the pineapples for strawberries and you have yourself another super scrumptious one-dish dessert!Just like this Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad, this is an extraordinary formula for taking to a gathering, occasion gathering, or a potluck. It’s ideal to have a spot to keep this delectable pineapple whipped cream dessert refrigerated until prepared to serve.
Pineapple dream is one of those perfect potluck desserts. Cream cheese, pineapple, whipped cream and graham crackers, yum!
- 2 1/2 cups graham crumbs 2 sleeves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz Cool Whip fat-free
- 20 oz crushed pineapple drained well.
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Melt butter in the microwave and allow to cool. Combine the crumbs and butter and toss together until incorporated. Press 2 cups of the crumb mixture firmly into an 9×9 square pan and bake for 8-10 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together until creamy. Turn the mixer down to low and add the powdered sugar one cup at a time until incorporated. Turn up and beat well for a minute or so. Add a heaping tablespoon of the drained pineapple and stir in with a rubber spatula. Spread the cream cheese and pineapple mixture over the crust.
- Fold the remaining pineapple into the Cool Whip and spread on top of the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle the remaining graham cracker crumb mixture on top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
Expert Tips & FAQs
NO BAKE VERSION: If it’s too hot to turn on the oven, you can make the crust without baking it. Simply follow the instructions in the recipe, then instead of baking the crust, place it in the refrigerator. Let the crust chill for about 20 minutes. The butter will solidify and hold the crust together.