This incredibly easy Small Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting is a perfect replica of my mom’s potluck favorite.
I’ve referenced on the blog before that we weren’t enormous cooks in my home growing up, BUT, my mother had a couple great go-to plans in her stockpile that she brought out for uncommon occasions.One of those plans was (and still is) her carrot cake. On the off chance that she gets requested to carry a treat to a potluck, I promise you, that is the thing that she will bring. Furthermore, when she does, at any rate five individuals will reveal to her it’s the best carrot cake they’ve at any point eaten.
Also, they’re not off-base. Her carrot cake is a lovely radiant thing. You prepare it in a 9×13-inch skillet, so it’s gigantic and essentially great. It’s delicate and cushioned, with the perfect degree of flavor, and the whole thing is simply covered in a stellar cream cheddar icing. (Update: such countless individuals have messaged me requesting her formula, I put it on the blog. You can track down her simple carrot cake here.)With spring almost here and Easter practically around the bend, I figured today would be a decent day to share my smaller than usual variant on the blog, so here we go.
This is an immediate imitation of my mother’s cake, so it’s beginning and end portrayed above, also, it’s a little carrot cake, so you needn’t bother with the pardon of involved with get it ready. Also, look how charming and minuscule it is!!This cake will serve four liberally or make six more modest servings. Make it over the course of the end of the week for you and somebody unique, or on the off chance that you a few decent lunch pals at work (at whatever point we’re all once again grinding away), I thoroughly suggest heating it and astonishing everybody at lunch. In the event that you prepare it in a pyrex dish, you can even snap on a cover and go.
This incredibly easy Small Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting is a perfect replica of my mom’s potluck favorite!
- 7×5-inch Baking Dish
- ½ cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup loosely packed grated peeled carrots
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoons (2oz) unsalted butter softened
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup (80g) powdered sugar sifted
- Pinch of salt.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease your baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, vegetable oil, and egg until well combined. Stir in flour mixture and use a rubber spatula to fold in grated carrots. Transfer batter to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Place cake (in pan) on a cooling rack, and cool completely before frosting, about 45 minutes.
- Whisk together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Add sifted powdered sugar and salt and whisk until well-combined and fluffy. Spread frosting over the cake. Chilling before serving is optional but recommended.
- Serve cake in the baking dish and enjoy!
Store cake covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Approximate nutritional information is for 4 slices.