My Chicken Salad Summer Rolls with a herbed mayonnaise plunge is a delightful interpretation of exemplary Vietnamese rice paper rolls ~ this simple brief lunch or supper is perhaps the most invigorating dinners on earth.
Summer rolls are perhaps the best thing about summer! They’re additionally the ONLY thing I like about the taking off temperatures… these clear little rolls are cooling, crunchy, and simply amazing when everything and everybody is withered and They’re the actual meaning of reviving. We LOVED these!!
Formula improvement can be an unpleasant street… things don’t generally turn out as you arranged, and in some cases it can take heaps of experimentation to hit the nail on the head. Yet, from the second the light went off in my mind about making chicken plate of mixed greens summer moves I realized I had a victor. I could taste them even before I began amassing the fixings. What I particularly love is that, while summer rolls are normally filled in as a starter, the chicken serving of mixed greens transforms them into a light fulfilling dinner.
I had my first summer move in a Vietnamese eatery around 10 years prior, it was a boiling day, the café didn’t have cooling, and when the plate of summer rolls showed up at the table it was such a disclosure… the rice wrapped packs are the BEST thing to beat the warmth whether they’re loaded up with fresh veggies or a chicken serving of mixed greens like mine.
- 2 cups of your favorite chicken salad or use recipe below
- 8-10 spring roll wrappers
- 2 cups microgreens
herbed mayo dip
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- handful fresh dill leaves
- handful fresh chives
- juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken cut in small dice
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery with inner leaves
- 2 Tbsp very finely minced red onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise more if you like
- milk to thin
- salt and pepper
- If you are making the chicken salad, mix the chicken, celery and onion in a bowl. Thin the mayonnaise with a little milk, and pour over the chicken. Toss and add salt and pepper to taste. This recipe makes a thin mayo dressing, don’t thin it down if you like it thicker.
- To make the herbed dip, put the mayonnaise and the herbs in a wide mouthed mason jar or similar jar, and squeeze in the citrus juice. Use an immersion blender to blend together until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the rolls, put some cold water in the bottom of a pie plate or large shallow bowl. Working one at a time, dip a rice paper wrapper into the water for about 8-10 seconds, just until it starts to soften, and then put it on a smooth surface. A flat counter top works well, or any other smooth flat surface. Arrange a small bunch of micro-greens in the center of the paper, and top with about 1/4 cup of chicken salad, arranged in a line. (see photo in the post)
- Roll up the chicken salad just like you would a burrito, tucking in the two sides, and keeping everything nice and snug as you go.
- Slice the rolls in half with a very sharp knife, and serve with the mayo dip. If you want to make these a few hours ahead, put them on a plate so that they don’t touch each other (the rice paper wrappers will stick) and cover with a damp cloth. Cover the cloth with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated.