Step by step instructions to Make Coconut Rice ~ coconut rice is rich and velvety with an unpretentious tropical flavor that is far beyond a side dish for chicken or fish. It in a flash updates mix frys, rice bowls, and curries. Children love it plain, and it’s beneficial for them!
This rich, tropical rice is quietly enhanced and has a marvelous surface ~ it’s superb with Asian and Southeast Asian food sources, just as Hawaiian and Polynesian plans. It’s unquestionably something you need to have in your formula record, truth be told, why not retain it, in light of the fact that after you’ve tasted it you’ll need to utilize it constantly.
You can utilize your number one white or earthy colored rice, yet I use jasmine rice. Jasmine rice is a long grain rice with a characteristic flower scent that I love. Jasmine rice can be utilized like any white rice, yet it’s particularly exquisite in Thai, Chinese, and Vietnamese dishes. Basmati rice is additionally ideal for making coconut rice.
I utilize unsweetened, full fat coconut milk for the best flavor, however in case you’re cutting calories you can utilize the light form. Coconut milk is a staple in my kitchen since it works in both sweet and flavorful dishes; I’ll can utilize it in everything from Coconut Rice Pudding to Thai Coconut Lime Soup. Shake the can first prior to utilizing.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 15- ounce can of unsweetened full fat coconut milk you can use the lite version
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt more to taste
- Put all the ingredients in a heavy bottom saucepan and give it a good stir. Heat to a boil over medium high heat, stirring often to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the rice comes to a boil, give it a final stir, turn the heat to very low, cover, and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Fluff, and serve.
notes and variations
- Coconut rice is not suitable for the Instant Pot because coconut milk can clog the pressure vent.