Amazing Rhubarb Muffins are delicate and feathery one bowl biscuits with a featherweight streusel beating. (On the off chance that you haven’t heated with rhubarb yet this season, it’s an ideal opportunity to start thinking responsibly!)
Wonderful rhubarb biscuits are for us all who love to heat directly alongside the evolving seasons.
we hunger for peach lock in August, pumpkin bread in October, cranberry cake in December, and as indicated by the schedule it’s rhubarb season, so we realize what to do!
Alongside robins and daffodils, you can’t do spring without rhubarb. I love it for its tone, and its flavor, yet in addition since it carries a little occasional assortment to my heating. I can discover berries the entire year in the produce segment, yet these beautiful pink stalks just appear for a couple of brief months and, trust me, I capitalize on it.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups rhubarb, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin tin liners.
- Make the streusel first: combine the ingredients and rub together with your fingers until the butter is incorporated and the mixture has a dry crumbly texture. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Next, whisk in the baking powder, baking soda and salt, making sure to mix well to get it evenly incorporated.
- Whisk in the flour, and then gently fold in the chopped rhubarb.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups, and sprinkle streusel evenly over the top of the muffins.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter!
notes and variations
- To refresh a leftover muffin, microwave it for 15-20 seconds.
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 211mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 139IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 2mg