This is one amazing burger, a cheeseburger and a quesadilla in one. Juicy burger in between two cheese-covered, crispy flour tortillas topped with corn, tomatoes, fresh jalapeno peppers, avocado and chipotle mayo.
I was absolutely groaning the whole time I was eating this untidy, succulent, quite delectable burger!Yes, it is that acceptable! Lively and stacked with new veggies. The best part is the messy, crunchy tortilla “bun.”
I truly needed to have a burger night a week ago and I struggled settling on the one to make. All things considered, the difficult time was brought about by such a large number of thoughts in my mind as opposed to not having the option to choose. Since I had some stunning ready avocados to go through, I needed to make a burger with avocados. Since I was adding those, why not go as far as possible and add jalapenos and corn and Mexican cheddar, correct? Indeed, I just took it as far as possible and made it a Mexican themed burger that is a half breed with quesadilla.Deliciousness!
Juicy burger in between two cheese-covered, crispy flour tortillas topped with corn, tomatoes, fresh jalapeno peppers, avocado and chipotle mayo.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves grated or pressed
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese mix
- 1/4 cup canned corn drained
- 1 large jalapeno pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 avocado
- Chipotle Mayo:
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- Dash of paprika.
- Combine ingredients for the burger in a medium mixing bowl and mix very well, until all ingredients are incorporated throughout.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat and add a little bit of vegetable oil.
- Form two burger patties and try to get them wide so they fit on the tortillas. (Remember that beef will shrink as it cooks.)
- Cook on both sides util burgers reach desired temperature. (Prepare your toppings while burgers are cooking.) Take out the patties and set aside.
- Drain burger juice out of the pan and add four flour tortillas. (Or do two at a time if they don’t all fit in the pan. Prepare bottoms and then tops.) Divide cheese among all four tortillas, evenly. Cook over medium-high heat until tortillas are crispy and cheese is melted. Take off heat.
- Add corn to two of the tortillas. These are the bottoms.
- Take bottom tortillas and place them on the serving dishes. Place burgers on top and then top off with jalapeno peppers, tomato slices and avocado slices.
- Mix chipotle mayo in a small bowl and add it to either a squeeze bottle or a small zip-lock bag. Drizzle mayo mixture over the burger.
- Top off with the other tortillas.
- (It’s easier to eat this awesome, juicy burger if you cut it in half.)