Sweet, pungent, chocolate-shrouded flawlessness: stop what you’re doing well now and make a bowl of this Chocolate Covered Caramel Corn! Regardless of whether you shower it with white chocolate or dim chocolate (or both), it will be a distinct advantage at film night.
In the event that you love sweet and pungent treats, attempt this Salted Caramel Brownie formula. The rich fudgy brownies with the sprinkle of ocean salt is the ideal combo.
This stuff is compelling. I like customary popcorn as much as anyone else. During a film or as an evening nibble, I appreciate sharing a bowl of the pungent stuff with family.
It’s just plain obvious, with customary microwave popcorn I have no issues halting after a sensible sum has been devoured. Be that as it may, you give me some Chocolate Caramel Corn?
The formula for this sweet and pungent caramel corn initially came into my life by means of a congregation cookbook. (Much obliged to you, Donna, for including that formula!)
I’d made it a few times as initially composed and it was consistently a hit in our home. The caramel corn was flavorful along these lines, normally, I made it one stride further.
I will in general do that. I can’t stop myself. It’s the addictive piece of my character. What’s more, the chocolate adoring part.
In the event that everybody loved the caramel popcorn, why not make caramel corn with chocolate?
Chocolate habit or not, I wasn’t tragic that it lead to making this treat! White chocolate and caramel are a most loved blending of mine so I chose to dissolve some white chocolate wafers and check it out.
Rich popcorn canvassed in sweet caramel simply improves when you cover it with chocolate! There’s no rejecting that this formula was a bite time achievement.
The lone issue is that I could eat an entire clump of this without help from anyone else without squinting. Regardless a few dangers merit taking!
This formula makes the ideal occasion blessing or end of year instructor present It’s additionally a darned decent treat to keep around when you need to fulfilling your hankering for something sweet and pungent.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ bags of popped corn, about 16 cups popped
- 16 oz. Ghirardelli dark chocolate or white chocolate wafers, melted
- Place popped popcorn in a very large bowl or two large foil pans (lasagna pans or even broiler pans work). Set aside.
- Pan melt butter, stir in sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla. Gradually pour over popped corn in a large bowl or two large lasagna foil pans. Mix well.
- Bake at 250 degrees for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Break apart and store in covered containers. To go the extra mile, melt the white chocolate (or dark chocolate or both) completely, pour over cooled caramel corn. Lay out on wax paper to cool. Store in airtight Ziploc or tupperware containers.
- Use a pan with enough space to spread the popcorn evenly. I make this with two large broiler pans. Friends of mine use those big disposable lasagna trays. Both work beautifully!
- Be sure to remove any unpopped kernels and seeds from the popped corn before making this recipe. The last thing you want is to break a tooth on a hard kernel when you’re trying to enjoy some sweet caramel corn.
- When giving this popcorn treat as a gift, store it in mason jars wrapped with ribbon or in colored plastic wrap with treats like candy canes or other wrapped candy to fill it out. Decorative tins are also wonderful for storing and gifting caramel corn!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 17g
Trans Fat: 0g
Unsaturated Fat: 11g