Eggnog French Toast will wow your visitors at Christmas informal breakfast! Made with eggnog and rum enhancing, this bubbly early lunch gets everybody in the temperament to celebrate. Finished off with a walnut and earthy colored sugar crunch, everybody will rave about this morning meal.
In the event that you love for the time being french toast plans, make certain to attempt this simple, make ahead Sausage and Biscuit Casserole as well. The ideal appetizing early lunch formula to combine with this pleasantness.
With regards to the conventional refreshment, I like it yet it’s not my go-to at a Christmas celebration. I’m to a greater extent a Christmas Punch or an Apple Cider Sangria young lady.
Be that as it may, eggnog enlivened food varieties? Sign me up and pass the nutmeg.
I make Eggnog Fudge for treat trades and Eggnog Cheesecake Bars to intrigue organization (or simply eat all myself after the children are sleeping).
Presently, I bring you Eggnog French Toast! This is an astounding expansion to your vacation early lunch or you can make it for breakfast at whatever point you have an extra eggnog to go through. (Any other individual consistently end up with at any rate one container of eggnog extra subsequent to facilitating a Christmas get-together?!)
Christmas suppers get a great deal of consideration, however Christmas Breakfast is one of the dinners I anticipate most. We regularly have some sort of Egg Casserole or Biscuits and Sausage Gravy for early lunch in my family, however I like having a sweet choice accessible as well.
This Eggnog French toast fills the kitchen with the smell of Christmas while everybody’s initial presents and it’s a dish the grown-ups love as much as the children.
The best part is that you can prepare it the prior night! Get up on Christmas morning and have a flavorful bubbly breakfast prepared in the blink of an eye. This french toast is heated rather than singed in the dish, so it’s much simpler.
You can appreciate Christmas morning with your family as opposed to remaining over the oven!
- 1 loaf Texas Toast (about 14 slices), cubed
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp rum flavoring
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- In large bowl whisk eggs with eggnog, milk and rum flavoring. Dip cubed bread in mixture and place in 9-inch baking dish, until all bread is used. Pour any remaining mixture over bread. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours)
- When ready to bake, in small bowl mix melted butter with brown sugar. Pour over bread (sprinkle with pecans if desired). Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Enjoy warm!
- Swap out the milk for more eggnog and replace the rum flavoring with vanilla extract if desired.
- Find a loaf of bread approximately 16 oz. Brioche works great too!
Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 17g
Saturated Fat: 9g
Trans Fat: 0g
Unsaturated Fat: 7g