Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies – The exemplary rich treat meets sweet chocolate pieces. The most awesome thing? They’re not difficult to make and require no chilling mixture!
We’re no more abnormal to shortbread treats here. In the event that chocolate shortbread has you feeble at the knees, you’ll love this Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Shortbread as well.
Believe it or not. Not at all like most shortbread plans that require the mixture to chill in the ice chest, you get to thoroughly skirt that progression here.
At the point when you just can hardly wait to enjoy a simple treat formula, this Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookie formula is exactly what you need.
Here’s all you need to make shortbread treats with chocolate.
Margarine. Margarine is the essence of any shortbread. Utilize a decent quality unsalted spread here in the event that you can.
Powdered Sugar. This is otherwise called confectioner’s sugar.
Vanilla concentrate. You’ll cherish the kind of hand crafted vanilla concentrate in these treats. Locally acquired works as well!
Almond remove. Utilize genuine almond and not impersonation flavor for best outcomes.
Universally handy flour.
Smaller than expected chocolate chips. I utilize semi-sweet. Dim, milk or white chocolate would be delicious augmentations as well!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a 15×10-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract until creamy. Add in flour and beat until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough into center of baking sheet, and using the heels of your hand, press dough into a large rectangle. You want the dough to be the same thickness throughout, so keep pressing until you have a rectangle about 12×10-inches and about ¼-inch thick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until edges begin to lightly brown. Remove from oven and immediately cut into strips using a pizza cutter. Cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. ENJOY.
- Use soft butter. Cold butter will be hard to work into the dough and the cookie texture will be off. Did you forget to put your butter out at room temperature in advance? You can soften it with a few seconds in the microwave at 50% power!
- This recipe makes cookies that are soft in the center. That means you’re going to take them out of the oven before they’re browned. If you want a crunchier cookie, feel free to leave the cookies in the oven for another minute or two. Just keep a close eye on them! They can burn quickly.
- Let them cool completely. Before you store the cookies in a container or ziploc bag, be sure they’ve cooled completely. Put them in while they’re still warm and the steam will soften the cookies quite a bit.
Serving Size: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Unsaturated Fat: 3g