Spread Pecan Shortbread is an exemplary rich shortbread stacked up with crunchy walnuts and a lot of earthy colored sugar… the flavor will make you faint!
Trust me here perusers… if this sounds at all great to you, kindly attempt it, it’s probably the best thing I’ve at any point tasted. Liquefy in your mouth shortbread is fantastic enough all alone, however when you join it with toasted walnuts, earthy colored sugar, Have a warm square for breakfast with your espresso, take a piece or two to work, make a clump as a contribution to a neighbor, or carry a container to the book bunch, you will love it!
There aren’t all that multiple occasions when I’d go after a spread concentrate, yet it truly functions admirably in this formula to confer an additional rich flavor that portrays margarine walnut.
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar.
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp butter extract, optional
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup toasted pecans, rough chopped
- Set the oven to 350F
- Lightly spray a 9×9 square baking dish. I like to line mine with parchment paper so I can easily lift the shortbread out for slicing, but this is optional.
- Whisk the melted butter with the sugar and molasses in a large mixing bowl. Make sure to work out any lumps in the sugar.
- Blend in the extracts, and then stir in the flour, cornstarch, and salt. Stir just until the dough starts to come together.
- Fold in the nuts so they are evenly distributed and there is no dry flour left.
- Crumble the dough evenly across the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Pat the dough down with your hands, nudging it out so it fills the pan and is all even. You don’t want a mound of dough in the middle, you want to flatten it out from side to side, evenly. I like to use an offset spatula to smooth the surface of the dough. If you like you can sink a few extra pecan halves into the top of the dough for a pretty look.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. The top will still look pale, but the dough will be just beginning to turn golden around the edges.
- Cool on a rack for about 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
notes and variations
- To toast pecan halves, lay them out in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast for about 10-15 minutes at 350F. Give the pan a shake once or twice during cooking. Let the nuts cool before chopping.
- Recipe was revised and updated in 2021.
Saturated Fat: 10g
Trans Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 478IU
Vitamin C: 1mg