This post may contain offshoot joins. Kindly see my subsidiary exposure for more data.
This is certainly not your Mom’s potato salad! It’s exquisite with a little warmth, somewhat sweet and it may very well be your new most loved summer side.
Straightforward today since I’m sending this out as I’m in a real sense on out the entryway. We’re making a beeline for Bonnaroo Mustic Festival for an end of the week filled with music and general revelry. My folks are on kid-obligation and we’ll channel our childhood getting down to U2, the Chili Peppers and countlesss different groups throughout the span of the end of the week.
To say that we’ve been anticipating this end of the week is past a misrepresentation of the truth. Alongside extraordinary music we’re getting together with our bi-beach front amigos and I can hardly wait for a decent make up for lost time. Regardless of that Steve and I just caught summer colds and it seems like I gulped a sack of razors… I won’t submit!
Prior to leaving I tried to stock the frig with a some nourishment for my people and the young men and this yam salad was an easy decision. It’s a simple side in case you’re barbecuing up supper or matched with a sandwich at lunch. Also, it’s similarly as great served at room temperature or chilled. It has sweet (pineapple), heat (chipotle chile powder) and a little smoky pungency (bacon). This serving of mixed greens will be a steady in our mid year menu pivot.
In this way, I’m off and I’ll meet you back here one week from now. Have an incredible end of the week, since summer cold or not, I realize I will!
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 5 strips of bacon
- 2 orange or yellow bell peppers 1 lb, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cut in to a 1/4 dice
- 1/4 cup chives minced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley minced
Chili Lime Dressing
- 2 Tbsp shallot minced
- 1 Tbsp finely minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line two sheet trays with non-stick foil.
- Divide the sweet potatoes between the two sheet pans and drizzle evenly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for about 30 mins or until tender and golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- While the potatoes are roasting fry the bacon until crisp in a non-stick skillet. Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and pour out all but 1 Tbsp bacon grease.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and add the diced peppers. Cook until softened and golden brown, about 5 mins. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl lightly toss together the sweet potatoes, peppers, pineapple and herbs. Add the dressing and toss and then crumble the bacon into the bowl and stir just until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired and serve.
- Dressing: Combine everything but the olive oil in a small food processor (alternatively you can whisk by hand) and process until blended. Add the oil and process until combined.
- *Salad can be prepared up to 3 hrs ahead and left at room temperature. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.