How these simple cooked vegetables deal with a supper is lift it to another level. They generally add an uncommon touch because of the edges getting caramelized with their fresh outside and fleecy internal parts and their flavors strengthen. They can be close by a meal, barbecued meat or a herbed chicken, or all alone as a the star of the dinner.
In this formula for simple cooked vegetables I throw them with great olive oil, my mystery Lipton Onion Mushroom soup blend and new spices. I spread them out more than 2 sheet container fixed with the Silpat preparing sheets for simple tidy up. Spreading the vegetable combination out more than 2 dish guarantees they don’t get packed and steam, rather they get the hot, fresh, brilliant earthy colored I love on the edges. I served these last night with my barbecued Teriyaki Marinated Flank Steak and made a lot for extras.
- 6 carrots peeled
- 6 ribs celery
- 1 red onion chopped
- 6 medium red potatoes quartered
- 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- Several sprigs each of parsley sage, rosemary and thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet of Lipton Onion Mushroom soup mix
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Wash, peel and chop the carrots, celery, onions and potatoes.
- Chop the fresh herbs, set aside.
- In a bowl mix the vegetables, garlic, olive oil, soup mix and herbs. Toss well to evenly coat and spread out on 2 cooking sheet pans lined with silicone non-stick baking mat for easy clean up.
- Place in the 400° oven for 40 minutes to roast and serve along side a beautiful Teriyaki Marinated Flank Steak, or meat of your choice.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 15580IU
Vitamin C: 38.2mg