Seared, brilliant earthy colored, red potatoes are coated in an apple juice vinegar container sauce with disintegrated bacon and slashed green onions. This German Fried Potatoes formula follows through on flavor and is an incredible side dish whenever of year!
This is my adaptation of an extraordinary singed potato exemplary. In this formula red potatoes are quartered or cut into any size, get singed or pan fried in the fat of delivered bacon, with extra fixings like onion, green onions or green ringer pepper. For the tart sauce I ordinarily use apple juice vinegar which the potatoes absorb.
On the off chance that your potatoes are too huge, or to eliminate the cooking time when browning, I in some cases quarter the potatoes as coordinated and drop into bubbling, salted water until fork delicate. Make certain to deplete and shake abundance water and afterward add them to the skillet to brown and get fresh in bacon fat.
- 4 pieces of bacon cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 lb medium red potatoes quartered
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or balsamic)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 green onions sliced thin, diagonally (white and green parts)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat render the bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and allow to drain on paper towel.
- Fry potatoes in bacon fat until golden brown and crispy on all sides. Season with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper and set aside with bacon.
- Add flour to pan, stir and cook for a minute or two in the remaining bacon fat. Add the apple cider vinegar, chicken broth and scrape pan to pick up all the bits. Sauce will thicken.
- Add green onions, bacon and potatoes to the pan, stirring to coat all. Serve immediately. Top with more green onions if desired.
- If your potatoes are too big, or to cut down on the cooking time when frying, I sometimes quarter the potatoes as directed and drop into boiling, salted water until fork tender. Be sure to drain and shake excess water and then add them to the frying pan to brown and get crispy in bacon fat.
- The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Protein: 13g | Fat: 18g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Vitamin A: 45IU
Vitamin C: 36.9mg