My Blood Orange Margarita Cocktail is the beverage of the colder time of year season, the fragile pleasantness of blood squeezed orange takes this exemplary mixed drink to an unheard of level. Also that amazing tone ~ it essentially gleams!
We can’t allow citrus to prepare pass without an incredible mixed drink, and this one unquestionably conveys. I’m normally a wine consumer, however this heavenly blood orange Margarita has made me reexamine all that. I had one at a most loved café an evening or two ago and after one taste I realized I needed to reproduce it and offer it with you folks.
Why this is the ideal mixed drink ~
It’s fruity ~ yet not very sweet. I don’t care for excessively sweet mixed drinks thus while a great deal of Margarita plans utilize basic syrup, I don’t add it here. The new crushed blood squeezed orange is flower, daintily acidic, and gives the perfect measure of pleasantness.
It’s lovely ~ yet sneaks up suddenly. Indeed it turns out to be amazingly lovely, however it’s a genuine mixed drink: the tequila and triple sec see to that.
The ‘blood’ in blood oranges alludes to the red tone in the tissue, and that comes from a color called anthocyanin. It’s similar color in blueberries, dark rice, and surprisingly purple pansies!
In the event that you’ve purchased blood oranges before you may have been shocked that they don’t generally appear to be identical inside. There are different assortments, and it isn’t in every case simple to reveal to them separated, except if they’re marked. The tissue can go from orange with a hint of red, to full on redden hued, to profound dull purple, practically dark. Fortunately the flavor is astonishing regardless of what kind you get your hands on.
- 2 ounces fresh squeezed blood orange juice about 2-3 blood oranges
- 2 ounces Triple Sec
- 3 ounces tequila
- 1 and 1/2 ounces fresh squeezed lime juice plus more for rimming glasses
- kosher salt for rimming the glasses
- Pour salt onto a small plate. Wet the rim of the glasses with water or lime juice and press the rims into the salt.
- Add the cocktail ingredients to a shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into 2 glasses with more ice. Garnish with a twist of blood orange peel or a thin slice of blood orange.