Outline: It’s not difficult to perceive any reason why this one-skillet meat sautéed food is perhaps the most well known plans on this site, with ultra delicate hamburger strips and succulent chomps of broccoli. A sweet-and-exquisite sauce knocks up the flavors an indent, and it’s ideal presented with white rice. Searching for a low carb adaptation? Look at Low Carb Beef and Broccoli Recipe.
- 1 pound flank steak, sliced into 1/4 inch thick strips (Note 1)
- 3 cups small broccoli florets (Note 2)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce (Note 3)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (Note 4)
- 2 teaspoons corn starch.
- Brown Beef: Toss sliced beef in large bowl with corn starch until well-coated; set aside. Heat oil in pan over medium heat for a few minutes or until hot. Add sliced beef and cook until it browns, a few minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer beef to plate.
- Cook Broccoli: Add broccoli florets and garlic to now-empty pan, and stir. Add beef broth. Stirring occasionally, simmer until broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, proceed to next step to prepare sauce.
- Make Sauce: While waiting for broccoli to cook, stir together all sauce ingredients in bowl until well-mixed.
- Finish & Serve: Once broccoli is tender, return beef to pan and pour sauce on top. Stir until everything is coated with sauce. Simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken sauce a bit. Serve (Note 5).
NOTES and TIPS
(1) Beef. Use flank steak, meagerly cut to 1/4-inch thickness or more slender. The more slender the hamburger, the more delicate it will be, and the less time it will take to burn on the burner. Cut contrary to what would be expected by recognizing long muscle strands and cutting opposite to them, which implies less work for your teeth and more delicate meat.
(2) Broccoli. You can cut florets from a head of broccoli, or you can purchase a pack of pre-cut crude florets situated in the refrigerated produce part of numerous U.S. supermarkets. I suggest cutting the florets into more modest pieces (no bigger than 2 inches) so they cook rapidly. I utilize new florets, however frozen ought to be fine — you may have to cook them longer to stew off abundance fluid.
(3) Soy Sauce. I utilize low sodium soy sauce by brands like Kikkoman or Trader Joe’s. Stay away from ordinary soy sauce, which will be excessively pungent. “Light soy sauce” alludes to shading and isn’t equivalent to “low sodium soy sauce.” If you follow a paleo, whole30, or sans gluten diet, substitute with coconut aminos.
(4) Brown Sugar. This can be supplanted by sugar substitutes; for instance, see Low Carb Beef and Broccoli.
(5) Serving/Leftovers. Serve hamburger and broccoli over cooked white rice, close by an invigorating starter like Asian cucumber salad. There’s a decent measure of sauce that accompanies the formula, so you’ll need some rice to help sop it up. Extras can be put away in a sealed shut holder in the cooler for as long as 2 days, and warmed utilizing the microwave.
(6) Instant Pot Version. On the off chance that you incline toward utilizing your pressing factor cooker, look at Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli, which is a comparable formula that utilizations boneless meat hurl rather than flank steak.
(7) Beef Tenderizing Tips. This formula follows the tips summed up in this post on the best way to cook delicate sautéed food hamburger. It’s a helpful read on the off chance that you’ve at any point considered how Chinese cafés make their hamburger so delicate.