Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is soggy and delicious within, and crunchy outwardly. A hand crafted solace food, that is not difficult to make, messy, and very tasty.
This Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf will immediately turn into your family’s #1 dinner. Actually like the exemplary meatloaf formula, this one is damp, delightful, reasonable, and can take care of a bigger group. Effectively a standout amongst other natively constructed solace food. While the bacon certainly gives this meatloaf formula an additional piece of smokey flavor, it likewise adds to the delicacy of this meatloaf.
Heated to fresh flawlessness outwardly, and is really delicate and delicious within. This is the mother of all solace food varieties! What’s more, in the event that you are a bacon sweetheart, this is the ideal combo. It is simple enough for a family weeknight dinner or ideal for visitors.
The garlic adds such a lot of flavor, and the cheddar makes it completely clammy. This scrumptious natively constructed formula can be a simple supper, as it requires not many fixings. Likewise, the extras are delightful, and can undoubtedly be warmed.
For this Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf, I utilized ground hamburger meat. Notwithstanding, any kind of meat would work here. Ground pork would work comparably well, or you could even blend the two. Also, on the off chance that you need a better meatloaf, use ground chicken or ground turkey.
- 1 lb bacon (room temperature)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set it aside.
- Combine ground beef, milk, egg, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, dried parsley, thyme, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Add the cheddar cheese and again mix well.
- Shape the beef mix into a loaf shape and set it aside.
Make a Bacon Weave:
- Lay half of the bacon strips, one next to each other, vertically across the prepared rimmed baking sheet.
- Lift up and fold back the ends of every other bacon strip on one side of the baking sheet. Place a bacon slice perpendicular to the horizontal rows of bacon, on top of the bacon strips that where not fold back. Straighten out the folded bacon strips to cover the strip that has just been placed.
- Lift up and fold back the ends of the horizontal bacon strips that are under the vertical bacon strip to the side of the baking sheet. Place a bacon slice right next to the first vertical bacon strip, directly on top of the bacon strips that you did not fold back. Repeat the process of alternating the vertical and horizontal bacon strips until you reach the other end of the horizontal bacon strips.
Wrap in Bacon:
- Check and make sure that the loaf shaped meat is the same length as the bacon weave. If needed reshape it.
- Place the loaf shaped meat in the center of the weave. Wrap in bacon, and flip on the other side, meaning that the bacon ends should be tucked under the meat.
- Combine all the Glaze ingredients in a bowl until smooth and set aside.
- Transfer the dish into the oven and bake for about 70-90 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the inside temperature is 160F degrees. Mid baking covers the meatloaf in the prepared glaze. Brush it all over the surface.
- Once the meatloaf is done, let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve with your favorite side dish.
Calories: 415kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 303mg | Potassium: 426mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 3.2mg