This ultra Creamy Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage and Kale is a perfect for cold nights and the 30 minute dinner of your dreams.
Nothing is superior to soup come harvest time, am I right? We’ve taken all that you love about chilly climate solace food and simple brief suppers, tossed everything into one pot for a weeknight dish that fantasies are made of. The lone things missing from this smooth tortellini soup is a portion of hard bread to absorb the “tomato bisque” stock and a container of good wine.
This tortellini soup has been bound to happen. Here in the TMP test kitchen we’ve been talking for a long time about putting a fast and straightforward (also heavenly) tortellini soup for every one of you to appreciate. We just needed to endure the mid year before we put or tortellini thoughts under serious scrutiny. Allow us just to gloat that this variant surpassed the entirety of our assumptions and we are siphoned that it’s at last accessible for you.
You will have a hard time believing how tasty this pot of soup is until you attempt it. Loaded with Italian frankfurter, tortellini, tomatoes, kale, and a bit of cream just in case. Think tomato bisque meets Olive Garden’s zuppa toscano. It’s a feast your loved ones will request again and again, so you should record this one and make it your unique fall soup. That is to say, we as a whole need to be acclaimed for something, correct?
What I love such a huge amount about tortellini soup is the means by which adaptable it is. We like to stay with a cheddar filled pasta and add different fixings to the soup. Purchasing a meat (or other flavor) filled tortellini wouldn’t be terrible, yet cheddar makes a pleasant base flavor, in addition to it truly praises that velvety tortellini soup vibe.
While you could undoubtedly make a veggie lover tortellini soup, the majority of the plans out there call for chicken or some variant of hotdog. We love the kind of gentle Italian frankfurter in our soups, so that is the thing that we’ve added here.
- 1 lbMild italian sausage, ground
- 1Onion, minced
- 6Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 quartChicken stock
- 1 (14 oz can)Crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbspTomato paste
- 1 tspSalt
- 1Bunch kale, stems removed
- 1 (10 oz) bagTortellini, fresh (not dried)
- 1 cupHeavy cream
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- ¼ tspRed pepper flakes (optional).
- Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage, onions and garlic to the pot and and sauté until the onions are soft an translucent, about 5 minutes. (Drain off any excessive fat.)
- Add the chicken stock, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Whisk until tomato paste is fully incorporated.
- Bring to a boil, season with salt then simmer for 15 minutes
- Add the kale, tortellini and heavy cream.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes until the kale is wilted and the pasta is tender.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes if desired.