The most AMAZING Vegetable Soup!! Thick and creamy, loaded with tender vegetables, it tastes luxurious and rich but it’s a SUPER HEALTHY soup recipe with 90% LESS calories than the usual creamy soups!
In spite of the fact that my formula feed doesn’t by and large shout “smart dieting” in any way shape or form, the more insightful may have seen that the majority of my supper plans really have a reasonable degree of calories.I don’t frequently cook with cream. I control my utilization of spread (in some cases hesitantly). Furthermore, I am almost certain I can check the rotisserie plans on this blog on one hand.
I accept that food is for appreciating not simply endurance. I don’t put stock in butchering extraordinary dishes of the world for uncommon calorie decrease and bargaining taste. I’d prefer eat a more modest serving of something very scrumptious and beef up on vegetables.
In any case, I do feel weak at the knees over making truly delicious, very low cal dinners that are filling. I have a couple of companions I regularly conceptualize with for calorie controlled food admission thoughts. (Indeed, they brief me on precisely the thing they’re pursuing and I do the conceptualizing).
This is the result of one such meeting – a Healthy, Creamy Vegetable Soup formula that is only 124 calories for a major bowl and it’s genuinely delish!
This formula is somewhat of an expansion of my Creamy Cauliflower Soup. Which I at first utilized as the soup stock for this solid smooth Vegetable Soup and keeping in mind that delicious, it had an unmistakable cauliflower flavor which was not the thing I was pursuing. I was explicitly attempting to make a very low cal cream of vegetable soup, so I needed the white soup stock to have a genuinely nonpartisan yet prepared flavour.The arrangement? Two zucchinis in the lower part of my cooler past their utilized by date. Strip off the green = practically unadulterated white tissue. I realized it would thicken the soup and add sleekness actually like in my Creamy Zucchini Soup – aside from this soup would be white.Bingo
The soup stock is additionally enhanced with onion and garlic which is cooked with the cauliflower and zucchini in vegetable stock and water until delicate, at that point zoomed up until sleek. Empty it into the pot stacked with considerably more veggies, stew to unite everything and this is the thing that you end up with – a major pot of HEALTHY rich Vegetable Soup that resembles it’s been made with tubs of cream.
It’s a cream of vegetable soup…. without the guilt! Super low cal and gluten free, the soup broth is made using whizzed up peeled zucchini, cauliflower and onion. Zucchini has a terrific neutral flavour which makes a creamy broth just like creamy soups thickened using butter and flour (and often cream!) – but with 90% less calories!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower , about 600 – 700g / 1.2 – 1.4 lb (Note 1)
- LOW CAL CREAMY SOUP BROTH:
- 500g / 1 lb zucchinis (2 large), peeled and cut into 1.5cm / 3/5″ slices
- 1 large onion , roughly chopped (brown, white, yellow)
- 2 garlic cloves , whole
- 2 cups (500 ml) vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) 0% fat milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1/2 tsp each garlic powder and onion powder (or 1 tsp of one of them)
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 onion , chopped (brown, white, yellow)
- 2 large carrots , cut into 1.25cm / 1/2″ pieces
- 3 celery sticks , cut into 0.75cm / 1/4″ slices
- 2 red capsicum / bell peppers , cut into 1 cm / 2/5″ pieces
- 500g / 1 lb zucchinis (2 large), peeled and cut into 1.25cm / 1/2″ slices
- 1 tsp dried thyme (or other herb of choice)
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chopped parsley , optional garnish
- For soup – Break off 1/4 of the cauliflower into small bite size florets and put aside to use in the soup.
- For broth – Break up the rest of the cauliflower into medium florets. If you have a small cauliflower, use the stem too – peel then rough dice.
- Place cauliflower for broth in a large pot. Add zucchini, onion, whole garlic cloves, vegetable broth and water. (Note 2)
- Place lid on, bring to boil then adjust heat so it’s simmering energetically. Cook for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Transfer to blender (Note 3), add garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and milk. Place lid on, place tea towel on lid and hold down very firmly, then whizz to puree soup, starting on low then getting faster.
- Remove lid. Marvel at super low cal ultra creamy soup broth.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook for 1 minute. Then add carrots and celery, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add thyme, capsicum and zucchini. Cook until softened, around 2 minutes.
- Pour in soup broth. Adjustment consistency with water to achieve desired thickness. Add reserved cauliflower.
- Simmer 5 minutes to bring flavours together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve, garnished with parsley. Or splurge your calorie credits on a piece of grilled cheese to dunk into the soup!!
- Cauliflower – diameter of about 25 cm / 10″, about the size of a basketball ( <– The weird way I measure veggies!). Don’t get too hung up about accuracy of size, there’s flex in this recipe in terms of soup thickness.
You could also use 500g / 1 lb frozen cauliflower florets – reserve about 1/4 for the soup and use the rest for the broth. Cook from frozen, use per recipe.
- Liquid won’t cover veggies – that’s fine, it gets jostled about when boiling and also steams.
- Work in batches if your blender is on the small size. Also, stick blender will work here but because it’s not as powerful, the soup won’t be quite as silky smooth. Also, I suggest cooking the vegetables for an extra 5 minutes to make them even softer.
- STORAGE: This keeps very well in the fridge for up to 4 days. It also freezes very well!
- Nutrition per serving, assuming 6 servings (about 2 heaped cups, one generous sized bowl which is filling).