Eggplant puttanesca is a perfect blend of tender eggplant, spicy red pepper flakes and salty olives and capers, with a slight touch of sweetness from the sauce. It’s absolutely a meal to fulfill all youAr senses, leaving you wanting more!
It’s been a long time since I’ve had eggplant, and I’m so happy I checked this Eggplant Puttanesca formula out. Both good and sound, this eggplant pasta sauce is totally delicious!This is a warm and comfortable eggplant pasta dinner with a provincial vibe that I love. Prepared in a short time and just 8 fixings, it makes a simple veggie lover weeknight feast the entire family will cherish. Furthermore, the extras are shockingly better!
To add a little newness to your pasta feast, this Vegan Caesar Salad is an ideal starter or side to eggplant puttanesca with pasta!Eggplant is stewed with onion, olives, escapades and pureed tomatoes making a magnificently tasty and good eggplant pasta sauce that is wonderful with your number one pasta.
An easy pasta dish with a flavorful blend of spicy from the pepper flakes, salty from the kalamata olives and slight touch of sweetness from the tomato sauce.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or ¼ cup water for water saute
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into ½ – ¾ inch cubes
- 1 (25oz) jar pasta sauce (or homemade Marinara Sauce)
- ½ cup pitted olives (kalamata, green or greek)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ½ – 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 16 oz. pasta of choice.
- In large skillet/saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat, saute onion and eggplant until tender, about 8 – 10 min. Add sauce, olives, capers, red pepper flakes, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 – 20 min. Sauce is ready when eggplant is fully tender.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Serve eggplant sauce over pasta with a light dusting of Almond Parmesan over top. Pairs well with a slice of crusty bread.
- Serves 6
If you like a little garlic, add 2 – 3 cloves, minced, when sauteing the eggplant and onion.