Exemplary Potato Salad is suggestive of the days of yore of family parties. It is a simple formula to make, that sets well with practically any dish!
Exemplary Potato Salad is one of those most loved plans that each family has an adaptation of to share. What we love about this dish is the mix of the tart and sweet kinds of the potatoes and the richness of the dressing bound into it. The differentiating flavors are what make this dish one of our top picks!
In the wake of heating up the Yukon potatoes, which are normally on the sweet side, we would shower apple juice vinegar on to them. This is done while they’re as yet hot, as to retain the vinegar well. Also, this is the key to have the ideal tart taste to them.
At that point we add the remainder of the fixings. The red onions, pickles, and celery give it a differentiating surface when you’re eating this dish. The flavors are so rich and tasty, that occasionally it is difficult to recollect that this is a side dish and not the primary dish!
- 2 pounds russet potatoes (peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs (hard-boiled and finely chopped)
- 1 small red onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 large dill pickle (finely diced)
- 1 cup celery (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onions (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Wash, peel, and cube the potatoes. Add them to a large pot over high heat and add enough water that would cover the potatoes about 1 1/2 inches.
- Once the water starts boiling, add 1 teaspoon of salt, and cook for 12-15 minutes, just until fork tender. Be careful not to over-cook the potatoes.
- Add the cooked potatoes to a colander and drain. Transfer to a large bowl and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and let them cool to room temperature.
- Finely dice the cooled eggs and add to the cooled potatoes.
- Add celery, red onion, green onion, pickle, and fresh dill.
- In a medium bowl mix all the Salad Dressing ingredients until fully combined. Pour over the potatoes and gently mix, careful to not entirely crush the potatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving. The potatoes will harden a little once they are cooled.
- Garnish with dill, green onions and pickles before serving.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 534mg | Potassium: 587mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Vitamin C: 8.6mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1.4mg