Vegetarian Green Bean Casserole has delicate green beans, appetizing mushrooms, and caramelized onions all prepared up in smooth mushroom sauce, at that point finished off with the crunchiest French-seared onions. This side dish will get everyone’s attention on your vacation table!
Veggie lover Green Bean Casserole is the better form of the conventional side. Not every person is a devotee of this vegetable, but rather when prepared along these lines – we wind up scratching the last pieces off the serving dish! Truly, there’s never any extras.
What makes this formula so great is that each segment is stacked with flavor. From the prepared caramelized onions to the brilliant panko and almond layer. This is presumably the most delectable and most tasty approach to devour the greens into your eating routine.
This veggie lover form is pretty much as delectable as the rich and rich exemplary green bean dish. Notwithstanding, we use veggie lover options for key fixings. For example, there’s no spread, chicken stock, cream, and milk here. Additionally, we’re utilizing veggie lover mushroom soup too.
Concerning the French-singed onion rings, we’ll use almond milk for plunging the onions rather than ordinary milk. These substations make it lighter, better, yet similarly delectable!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb. fresh green beans (trimmed and chopped)
- 3 cups Cream of Mushroom Soup (vegan)
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
Homemade French Fried Onions:
- 2 large onions (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place a large skillet over medium-low heat, add two tablespoons of olive oil and once hot add the sliced onions. Cook stiiring until tender.
- Add the garlic, sauté until onion is caramelized, about 20-30 min, stir frequently.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika.
- When done, divide the mixture in half and set aside.
- Place a 4-quart soup pot filled with 1/2 inch of water over medium-high heat. Add a steamer basket, add the green beans to it, cover and steam until tender, 5 mins. When done, remove, drain, and set aside. They will soften more during baking time.
- Spray a 9×13 inches casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place 1/2 of the caramelized onions on the bottom, lay the green beans and distribute evelnly.
- Pour the cream of mushroom soup evenly.
- Spread the remaining half of caramelized onions over sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together panko bread crumbs, slivered almons, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then sprinkle over the surface of the casserole.
Bake the casserole:
- Loosely cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes until sauce is bubbling.
- Uncover and broil for a few minutes, until Panko and almonds are lightly browned.
Homemade French Fried Onions:
- After slicing the onion rings, separate them into individual rings and add them to a large bowl.
- Add the almond milk to the onion rings and let soak for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine: flour, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper. Whisk to combine.
- When ready to cook, add oil to a large, deep skillet over high heat (or deep fryer). If using a skillet, it should be 1/2 full with oil.
- Once the oil is hot, working in batches, add a handful of onion rings to the flour mixture, cover well and shake any excess. Add the onion rings to the hot oil and fry until golden brown, stirring often.
- Remove the French fried onions and place on a baking sheet that has been covered with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Repeat with the remaining onion rings.
- Once done, chop some and leave some whole, arrange them on top of the casserole before serving.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 839mg | Potassium: 499mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 575IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 4mg