This easy shrimp tacos recipe is made with zesty shrimp, cilantro lime coleslaw, sliced avocado and a spicy chipotle crema. Kick them up a notch with homemade flour tortillas too, if you’d like!
Meet the lively shrimp tacos that we can’t quit making of late. ♡
Since different proteins haven’t been dependably in stock at our neighborhood supermarket these previous few weeks, we’ve been cooking with frozen shrimp like never before while we have been stuck at home. Furthermore, one formula we continue to desire over and over are these super delightful shrimp tacos.They are fundamentally a basic riff on my #1 firm heated fish tacos, loaded up with a brilliant and rich cilantro lime slaw, heaps of new avocado, a fast chipotle crema, and sprinkled with any of your number one fixings. However, the shrimp here are what truly set this formula over the top. They are covered in an extra-liberal sprinkling of taco preparing and afterward momentarily cooked over high warmth so the flavors are delicately singed and pack the best intense and lively flavors. Furthermore, when stacked up along with the entirety of different fillings in delicate tortillas — particularly these stunning custom made flour tortillas that I’m as of now fixating on! — these shrimp tacos are an aggregate, flavorful success.
Here’s the means by which to make them!
This easy shrimp tacos recipe is made with zesty shrimp, cilantro lime coleslaw, sliced avocado and a spicy chipotle crema. See notes above for possible recipe variations and shortcuts too.
SHRIMP TACO INGREDIENTS:
- 1 batch cilantro lime slaw
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 to 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 8–10 flour tortillas (or corn tortillas)
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and thinly-sliced
- optional toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, chopped red or white onion, sliced jalapeño or serrano peppers, crumbled cotija cheese, and/or lime wedges
CHIPOTLE CREMA INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or mayo)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce (or 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt.
- Prep the slaw and crema: Prepare the cilantro lime slaw according to instructions. Combine all of the chipotle crema ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.*
- Cook the shrimp. In a mixing bowl, toss the shrimp with the taco seasoning, plus a generous pinch of salt and black pepper, until evenly coated. Heat oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook the shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes, flipping once, until they are opaque and cooked through. Transfer to a clean plate and set aside.
- Assemble the tacos: Fill each flour tortillas with a generous serving of the slaw, a few slices of avocado, a few shrimp, a drizzle of chipotle crema and sprinkle of your favorite toppings.
- Serve. Serve warm and enjoy!.
How to make chipotle crema by hand: If you would like to skip the blender, just finely chop the chipotle in adobo sauce and stir it together with the other ingredients in a mixing bowl until evenly combined. Or if you are using chipotle powder, you can definitely just stir the ingredients together by hand.