Messy Baked Green Beans are broiled until brilliant and caramelized, at that point heated with two sorts of cheddar on top. This crunchy, messy, and bright side dish never disappoints!
Messy Baked Green Beans is an exemplary side dish that is never missing at my vacation table. It is made with regular fixings, blended in with minced garlic and destroyed parmesan. At that point, it is immediately prepared in the broiler until effervescent.
Albeit this formula is an occasion exemplary, you can without much of a stretch make it any season. It’s an extraordinary method to join more vegetables into your regular suppers. Broiling the veggies makes it more flavorful, and obviously, everybody loves cheddar. I consider it my passage veggie dish on the grounds that even the pickiest eaters request more!
With no guarantees, this dish is veggie lover cordial. Nonetheless, you can make it vegetarian, by trading the cheeses and flavors. Likewise, you can add more proteins to it, by including some bacon top.
Simply a heads-up, however — after the first occasion when I served this, it immediately got one of my most-mentioned sides. Thus, get ready to be known for this rich and compelling green stalks!
- 1 pound fresh green beans (ends trimmed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick oil spray.
- Prepare the green beans by washing, trimming the ends and removing any moisture from them using paper towels.
- Arrange them on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together olive oil, parmesan, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder and Italian seasoning.
- Pour the mixture on top of the green beans and toss to evenly coat.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until tender-crisp.
- Remove from the oven and top with the mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese. Distribute the cheese evenly on top.
- Return to the oven and broil until the cheese melts and becomes bubbly and golden, about 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 520mg | Potassium: 186mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 727IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 268mg | Iron: 1mg