Prepared Feta Bruschetta is a simple Mediterranean style little plate made with cherry tomatoes and olives, heated until the cheddar is delicate and spreadable, the olives are warm and smooth, and the tomatoes have blasted into a delicious sauce.
I don’t think about you, yet I don’t get my best formula thoughts from TikTok. I attempted it and didn’t think it was all that, yet then I had a superior thought. This is a lot more delectable approach to do the entire prepared feta thing. It’s simple, debauchedly sound, and will turn into your new most loved starter.
Heap everything in a preparing dish and heat ~ at that point smear everything over hot cuts of bread and you have starter (and possibly supper) arranged.
Prepared feta is obviously fit to making ahead. You can toast the bread and gather the dish promptly in the day. Put the cooled bread in a zip lock baggie, and store the feta directly in the dish, shrouded in plastic, in the ice chest. Prepare it when prepared.
- olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 7 ounce brick sheep’s milk feta cheese, cut in 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup pitted olives Note: amounts are approximate, feel free to use more.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved Note: amounts are approximate, feel free to use more.
- 2 Tbsp capers
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, or you can use one teaspoon of an Italian herb blend
- preheat oven to 375F
- Lightly coat the bottom of your baking dish with olive oil. Scatter the shallots over top.
- Add the feta cheese to the dish.
- Add the olives. You can slice larger olives if you like, and keep smaller ones whole.
- Top with the tomatoes.
- Add salt, pepper, and herbs. Take a fork and gently mix everything together, taking care not to break up the feta too much. Drizzle a little more olive oil over the surface.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until bubbling. Serve hot with toasted bread.
notes and variations
- To make baguette toasts
- slice a fresh baguette on the diagonal into thin slices.
- arrange on a single layer on a baking sheet.
- brush lightly with olive oil
- broil until golden, then flip.
- broil until golden on the other side.
Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 373mg | Potassium: 57mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 1mg