Slow cooker Chicken Fajitas brag strong fajita flavors, yet are lighter thus a lot simpler to make than the customary barbecued variant! Essentially dump everything into the lethargic cooker and let it stew to delicate flawlessness.
Stewing pot Chicken Fajitas are the ideal “sluggish” feast. Toss every one of the fixings into your simmering pot, and it accomplishes practically everything for you. Be that as it may, don’t misunderstand me—this dish is overflowing with true fajita flavors, besides there’s no compelling reason to start up the barbecue or turn on the oven!
Something else I love about this formula is that it’s a particularly intelligent feast. Everybody will fill their tortillas with meat and the enhancements they like the most. It’s additionally simple to increase the formula to take care of a major gathering.
It generally alludes to thin segments of skirt steak, marinated and afterward barbecued. It’s typically served alongside barbecued veggies (like pieces of onions and peppers), delicate tortillas, and enhancements like sharp cream, salsa, and cheddar.
This formula is a lighter interpretation of the exemplary rendition since it is utilizing chicken bosom meat rather than steak.
Yet, don’t stress—it actually has every one of the large, striking flavors we as a whole love about fajitas!
Fajita Seasoning Mix:
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Chicken and Veggies:
- 3 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup salsa (mild or hot)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- In a small bowl, combine Fajita seasoning mix, stir and set aside.
- In a 4 quart crockpot, add the broth, and after that chicken breasts in a single layer. Sprinkle chicken with half of the Fajita seasoning mix.
- Top with a layer of sliced bell peppers and onion and sprinkle with the remaining Fajita seasoning mix.
- Add salsa on top and spread into a thin layer.
- Add lemon juice and zest.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours, or on high for 2-3 hours. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F degrees.
- Serve with tortillas, salsa, sliced jalapenos, lime wedges, rice, sour cream, guacamole, and cotija cheese.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 638mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1122IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg