These chocolate toffee treats are delicate, tasty and loaded with almonds and toffee bits. Make this Christmas treat formula to give as occasion presents, or for your vacation dessert platter!
Each Christmas, my mother would prepare a great deal of sweet treats. There were consistently conventional Christmas treats, similar to Mexican wedding treats, and family top picks like mogul shortbread bars.
However, one of my top choices were delicate chocolate treats loaded with almond roca candy.
In case you’re curious about it, almond roca is chocolate covered buttercrunch toffee.The flavor is like a Heath confection, yet with the expansion of almonds.
CHOCOLATE TOFFEE COOKIES
The flavor and consistency of these treats is a hybrid of walnut sandies and my mother’s chocolate almond roca treats. They are delicate however not chewy, and not in the slightest degree firm. At the point when you take a chomp, it liquefies in your mouth.
Maybe than almond roca, which can be costly and hard to track down, I make them with toffee bits. So in fact, I guess they could likewise be called Heath bar treats.
Regardless, they are truly simple to make, and they look delightful on a vacation dessert plate!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg separated
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almonds chopped (See Note 1)
- 1 cup Heath Toffee bits
- 1/2 cup chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- Sea Salt Flakes
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa and salt in a medium bowl. Separate the egg yolk from the white into two bowls. Set aside.
- By hand or using electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until pale in color. Beat in the vanilla, milk and egg yolk. Add the flour/cocoa mixture and beat until blended. Refrigerate cookie dough 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Chop the almonds and place in a bowl to roll the cookies in. Whisk the egg white until frothy.
- Scoop the cookie dough and roll into 24 balls. Place on lined baking sheet.
- Using a spoon, roll to coat each dough ball in the egg white, gently shaking to remove excess egg white. Next, roll in the chopped almonds, pressing gently to adhere. Place back on baking sheet and repeat for all dough balls.
- Make an indentation in the center of each dough ball with thumb or rounded end of wooden spoon or kitchen utensil. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and gently press again if needed to make indentation in center of each cookie again. Fill each with Heath toffee bits and return to oven to bake another 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a microwavable bowl or in a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate pieces and butter. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over each cookie (See Note 2) and top with a sprinkle of sea salt flakes.
- Roasted almonds with skin on or off can be used.
- Either drizzle chocolate over cookies using a squeeze bottle or use a plastic bag and snip one of the corners to squeeze out.
Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 256IU | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg