Twisting slice occasion ham is prepared flawlessly with an appetizing orange coating. Spread euphoria this Christmas season by making this your entreé!
After a seemingly endless amount of time after year, it’s practice for some families to appreciate the equivalent entreés for their vacation suppers. This year, change up the standard a piece by making an orange coated ham.
The coating is genuinely delicious, made with fixings like squeezed orange, cinnamon and chipotle powder.
Hungry for an alternate occasion entreé? Make certain to look at my amazing formula for earthy colored sugar maple coated turkey. Around this season, I likewise suggest making a meal leg of sheep or individual hamburger wellingtons!
- 8-10 lb spiral cut ham
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Remove covered ham from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature 2 hours.
- In a saucepan over high heat whisk together the orange juice, zest, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, ground clove, red pepper flakes, chipotle powder and dijon mustard. Turn heat to medium and cook until thickened. Stir often. The sauce will be a thick amber. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Unwrap the ham and baste it all over with half the sauce. Get in all those nooks and crannies with the brush. Wrap it back up in enough aluminum foil to seal it and place on a roasting rack over 2-3 cups of water in a roasting pan.
- Bake ham for 1.5-2 hours, or until the center registers 110°F, about 12 minutes per pound.
- Remove ham from oven and turn oven temperature to 400°F.
- Bast once more so the outside caramelizes for a crunchy exterior and in the oven it goes again uncovered for 15 minutes. Serve with any remaining sauce.
Calories: 745kcal | Carbohydrates: 35.7g | Protein: 68.1g | Fat: 35.2g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17.8g | Cholesterol: 232.7mg | Fiber: 5.7g | Sugar: 17.5g