The most perfect ground meat Tacos! A simple to make hand crafted taco preparing and a mysterious fixing that makes this the most tasty and juiciest taco meat EVER! The ideal family weeknight dinner that can be prepared in under 30 minutes!
These exemplary Ground Beef Tacos highlight hand crafted taco meat stacked into newly singed taco shells. Serve up with all your number one garnishes for a simple family dinner that takes under 30 minutes!
WHY MAKE THIS GROUND BEEF TACO MEAT RECIPE?
Speedy and simple: this dinner can be prepared on the table in less than 30 minutes, making this an ideal family weeknight feast.
Hand crafted preparing mix: avoid the parcels and make your own flavoring! This permits you to control the salt and hotness to suit your family’s requirements.
Family Friendly and Perfect for Gatherings: concoct the meat and serve this smorgasbord style so visitors/children can get the fixings they need!
- 1 lb ground beef, 70-80% lean*
- 1 tbsp chili Powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 8 white corn tortillas
- ½ cup oil, canola or vegetable
- large skillet
- wooden spoon
- Cook Ground Beef: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef. Break the beef up with a wooden spoon while cooking. Cook the ground beef fully, until browned and no longer pink.
- Drain: Drain any excess grease from the skillet. Then return to the stove and reduce the heat to low.
- Season: Add the 1/2 cup tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Stir together until the meat is coated in the sauce.
- Simmer: Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Fry Tortillas: Pour 1/2 cup oil in a medium size skillet, heat over medium high heat. Carefully dip a tortilla, if the oil sizzles and bubbles then it’s hot enough. Gently lay the tortilla in the oil and fry each side for about 30 seconds, just enough to give some color and add some crispness.
- Shape Tortillas: Remove the tortilla to a paper towel to absorb oil, and carefully fold the tortilla over to create a taco shape. I do this with my tongs, or two forks, whatever I’m using to lay the tortillas in the oil and remove them.
- Toppings: Fill the tortillas with the ground beef taco meat and add desired toppings
- Ground Beef: Using 80/20 ground beef, this keeps the meat flavorful, but not greasy.
- Ground Beef Substitution: instead of ground beef use ground chicken or turkey.
- Extra Veggies: looking to add some more veggies? Chop up some peppers, zucchini, and carrots to sauté with the meat while it cooks.
- Control the Heat: if you are wanting to add more heat to this recipe sprinkle some crushed red pepper into the seasoning blend according to your preference.
- Tortillas: Taco shells shown are white corn tortillas that have been fried in canola oil.
- Topping ideas: shredded mild cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced grape tomatoes, diced cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, jalapeños, and onion.
- How much meat per person? Plan on using 1 lb per 4 people. This is approximately 2 tablespoons of meat per taco.
serving: 1, calories: 152kcal, carbohydrates: 2g, protein: 10g, fat: 12g, saturated fat: 4g, cholesterol: 40mg, sodium: 280mg, potassium: 223mg, fiber: 1g, sugar: 1g, vitamin a: 363iu, vitamin c: 1mg, calcium: 17mg, iron: 2mg