This lethargic cooker meat ragu is the ideal comfortable and generous weeknight dinner or feast prep formula that is Whole30, paleo, and without gluten, yet it is extraordinarily flavorful. It’s stacked with vegetables, simple to plan and takes basically no involved cooking time because of the slow cooker. It likewise freezes all around well! This makes certain to be a family top pick, and a go-to formula when you need a speedy feast to be prepared for supper.
This formula is really one of my top picks. It has a profound, rich character that you’d ordinarily get from cooking with red wine, yet rather that flavor is imitated with a Paleo and Whole30 elective. This formula is excessively astonishing to the point that it’s likewise included in my cookbook! We make it a ton at my home, and I realize you’ll cherish it, as well!
Whole30 Slow Cooker Beef Ragu Ingredients
You don’t require a lot of extravagant fixings to get the ragu prepared and cooking in the lethargic cooker. The fundamental fixings are obviously the meat toss cook, and the vegetables: onion, celery, carrot, mushrooms and diced tomatoes. The fluid fixings you’ll have to add to the sluggish cooker are meat stock (albeit chicken stock works, as well!), sans dairy milk (I use almond milk regularly), and, the mysterious fixing, pomegranate juice.
Pomegranate juice is the best paleo and Whole30 replacement for red wine in cooking. The juice draws out the profundity of flavor from the meat, and assists with softening it, without adding pleasantness. In case that is not available, cranberry juice is the following most ideal choice!
The most effective method to Make Slow Cooker Beef Ragu
This ragu formula couldn’t be any simpler. In the wake of hacking the vegetables, actually you should simply dump everything into the simmering pot! You can burn the throw broil on the two sides before adding it into the lethargic cooker, yet, I will in general avoid that progression to save money on dishes and time. When everything is in the sluggish cooker, you’ll simply have to mix around the veggies with the fluid and flavors to disperse everything around. Then, at that point, essentially cover and let cook! You’ll know the ragu is done when the hamburger cook shreds effectively with two forks.
- 2.5–3 lb. beef chuck roast
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 cup sliced or diced white mushrooms
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced white onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour dissolved in 1 tbsp water for thickening
- Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Place the roast in the slow cooker, and then add in all of the ingredients except arrowroot flour. Mix everything together, just enough to distribute the ingredients around.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours. The beef will shred easily with two forks when it’s finished.
- Optional: To thicken, combine the arrowroot and water in a small bowl and stir until the arrowroot is dissolved. Pour into the sauce and stir to thicken.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower for Whole30, or GF noodles.
- You can use 100% cranberry juice in place of pomegranate juice if that’s not accessible, but don’t skip this! It really adds such an incredible flavor!