This simple Whole30 butternut squash green bean goulash formula is a solid vegetable side dish that is ideal for the fall and cold weather months. It’s easy to plan, scrumptiously velvety, and it’s paleo, without gluten and sans dairy. This butternut squash formula is an alternate way of partaking in this veggie, and it’s ideally suited for a weeknight supper side or an occasion dinner.
Whole30 Butternut Squash and Green Bean Casserole Ingredients
To make this formula, you’ll need a respectable measured butternut squash that is around 2 to 2.5 pounds. You’ll likewise require 2 jars of cut green beans. There’s a velvety goulash sauce that the vegetables are prepared in, which is produced using almond milk, ghee, arrowroot flour, chicken stock and a couple of normal flavors. The butternut squash and green beans are finished off with almonds for some crunch, and cut almonds turn out best for this.
Step by step instructions to Cook This Whole30 Butternut Squash Recipe
The butternut squash is first simmered, and afterward added with the green beans into a 8×8 baking dish. The baking dish I like for this, and numerous other broiler cooked plans, is my Duraglass 8×8 Baking Dish from Ello. These baking dishes are great for dinner prep since they accompany a cover, and for serving from in light of the silicone sleeve that goes about as a trivet and secures the glass! It can go from cooler, to broiler, right to the table and afterward extras can get put away in similar dish without utilizing considerably more dishes.
The 8×8 baking dish is the ideal size for this vegetable goulash, yet in addition for heated merchandise, egg prepares, broiling chicken, meals, and then some. You can save 15% off of your glass baking dishes utilizing the code BAILEY15 with your web-based request from Ello Products!
- 2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1/4 cup arrowroot, or gluten-free 1:1 flour
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place cubed butternut squash on a baking sheet, spray the squash with a bit of cooking oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Bake for 35 minutes
- While squash bakes, add green beans to your 8×8 baking dish and combine the spices in a small dish
- Prepare the casserole sauce (homemade cream of chicken) by first melting the ghee in a sauce pan
- If you’re using arrowroot, dissolve the arrowroot in 1/4 cup of tap water by mixing with a fork, and then pour the mixture into the sauce pan with the melted ghee
- Begin whisking the flour into the ghee until it’s combined, and then slowly pour in the almond milk and chicken broth while continuously whisking
- The sauce will begin to thicken as it’s combined. Add in the spices. Continue whisking until it’s reduced and thick, about 3-4 minutes
- Remove from the heat and pour into the baking dish. Add the roasted butternut squash, and use two spoons to gently fold the sauce in with the squash and green beans. Sprinkle the almonds on top
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the casserole sauce is bubbling around the edges