This sluggish cooker cashew chicken is a simple, sound supper or feast prep formula. It’s Whole30, paleo, without gluten and sans soy, and just requirements 10 minutes of prep work to dice chicken and make a simple sauce. The slow cooker wraps up of the work, and you get a family agreeable supper that is fast and easy to tidy up. Matched with a vegetable side, this is the ideal go-to for a bustling weeknight!
Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Ingredients
To make Whole30 cashew chicken in the sluggish cooker, you’ll need two pounds of diced boneless, skinless chicken bosoms, and 1 cup of crude cashews. Those two things are the principle fixings, and afterward the rest is for the sauce.
For the sauce, you’ll need coconut aminos, arrowroot flour, without sugar ketchup, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper and Chinese five-flavor powder. I get my storage room staple fixings like these for a markdown from Thrive Market, however they’re all generally accessible at significant supermarkets. You’ll likewise require coconut sugar and nectar in case you’re making this Paleo, and for Whole30, you can trade those two elements for 3 tablespoons of squeezed orange.
For the without sugar ketchup, I utilize Primal Kitchen’s Whole30 Approved form, which is only an incredibly decent ketchup, Whole30 or not. You can get that in any significant store these days like Target and Walmart, Amazon, on Thrive Market, or their site (code PALEOBAILEY) gives you a markdown at checkout.
This is my better take motivated by my cherished Chinese takeout dish, so it’s not valid, yet you will see the utilization of Chinese 5 Spice. Chinese 5 Spice is an exemplary Chinese mix of 5 flavors, henceforth the name, that gives exquisite dishes a genuine lift in flavor. You needn’t bother with a lot, yet I don’t suggest skipping it! It adds such a huge amount to this dish and gives it a warm, sweet taste that can’t be reproduced without adding it! You can get this flavor in most supermarkets in the zest walkway, or worldwide cooking passageway.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free ketchup
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon mined ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar*
- 1 tablespoon honey*
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup unsalted raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon water
- *For Whole30, omit coconut sugar and honey and replace with 3 tablespoon orange juice
- Place the diced chicken into a 6-quart slow cooker and add 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour, salt and pepper. Use tongs to toss the chicken with the flour, salt and pepper to coat the chicken pieces
- In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, add in all of the remaining ingredients except for the cashews, water and remaining 1 tablespoon of arrowroot
- Stir the sauce to combine everything together, and then pour into the slow cooker over the chicken. Give it a quick toss to evenly distribute
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for for 3-4 hours. Remove the lid and stir in the 1 cup of cashews. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon of arrowroot flour with 1 tablespoon of water. Use a fork to stir to dissolve the flour and then pour into the slow cooker
- Stir into the sauce, place the lid back on and cook for an additional 20 minutes to soften the cashews and thicken the sauce
- This recipe cooks great when doubled, simply add twice the amount of sauce and chicken
- To freeze, allow to fully cool and then store in a freezer-safe bag or container. To reheat, thaw in the fridge overnight and then warm in a skillet over medium heat for 10 minutes or in a slow cooker set to low for 1 hour
- To cook in the instant pot,