Scalloped potatoes are so good and these cheesy garlic scalloped potatoes are even better. Loaded with three different types of cheese, garlic and sour cream, these are definitely some tasty taters! Totally scrumptious. A delicious potato casserole that’s incredibly satisfying and filling.
An extraordinary side dish, and with special times of year quick drawing nearer, these messy garlic scalloped potatoes are amazing to present with Thanksgiving supper, Christmas supper or with any supper besides. Absolutely custom made without any preparation, these smooth, messy potatoes are solace food at it’s ideal. Loaded with delectable messy character, and with the firm crunchy cheddar beating, these messy garlic scalloped potatoes taste mind boggling. Indeed, even the pickiest eaters will partake in these. Absolutely my go-to formula for scalloped potatoes.Imagine diving into these delicate, velvety, scalloped potatoes. Yum, yum! These scalloped potatoes are stacked with velvety, delicate potatoes, 3 unique cheeses and a cheddar sauce that is totally delectable.
These delicious cheesy garlic scalloped potatoes are so tender, full of flavor and the perfect side dish recipe to most meals. These potatoes are easy to make, a family favorite, and once these are served, you definitely will get rave reviews!
- 5 lbs Russet potatoes sliced ⅛” thick
- 2 cups onions chopped small
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup butter (½ stick)
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 Tbs salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama® seasoning
- 8 oz sour cream
- 3 cups cheddar cheese grated, divided
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese grated
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° and spray a 14 x 11½ x 2¼ baking dish with a non stick spray. Set aside.
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes, approximately ⅛” thick. Place in a large bowl until ready to use.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter over low flame then add onions and garlic. Saute for about 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over onion mixture, stir and cook for a couple minutes.
- Gently pour vegetable broth into pan and stir, add salt and pepper, seasoning and heavy cream. Stir until thickened, remove from heat just prior to boiling and then add 2 cups of cheddar cheese. Stir.
- Layer ⅓ of the potato slices in baking dish then add ⅓ of the sour cream and ⅓ of the cheese sauce over the potatoes.
- Top with ⅓ of the Parmesan, ⅓ pepper jack cheese and ⅓ of cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layering 2 more times ending with cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and place in oven. Cook for 1½ – 2 hours.
- About 15 – 20 minutes prior to potatoes being done, remove foil to brown the cheese a bit.
- Remove from oven, let sit for about 15 minutes, then enjoy.