20-Minute Bang Bang Shrimp Air Fryer – Air fried jumbo shrimp is tossed in a crispy breading to make this easy 20-minute recipe. Finished with a homemade bang bang sauce, this is a great appetizer or main protein that’s impossible to resist!
I love utilizing my air fryer for speedy plans like shrimp patties and chicken wings since it generally saves me such a lot of time. Speedy, simple, and crunchy, this Bang Shrimp is the same! Shrimp consistently cooks rapidly regardless of the strategy, so searing it noticeable all around fryer implies it will be prepared to eat instantly!
This tasty and fiery simple shrimp formula is crisped up flawlessly prior to being canvassed in a rich custom made bang sauce. Each chomp has a lot of crunch and barely enough zest to give it a truly necessary kick. Serve it as a great tidbit on game day or as a primary dish with an Avocado Side Salad or Easy Fried Rice.Bang bang shrimp was made well known at the Bonefish Grill café in the US. It’s a fresh seared shrimp tidbit that is covered in a rich and fiery sauce produced using Thai bean stews. Since the Thai bean stews give your entire mouth a “bang” from the hotness, the sauce was suitably named bang sauce!Traditionally filled in as a tidbit, bang shrimp can likewise be served over rice, pasta, or even a bed of greens. This formula is stunningly better made at home without any preparation!
The fixings in bang shrimp are genuinely straightforward. The shrimp is covered in a panko and cornstarch breading to give it a crunch and dunked in a natively constructed bang sauce. All that you really wanted to make air fryer shrimp at home can undoubtedly be found at any significant supermarket:
- Large shrimp
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Sriracha sauce
- Sweet stew sauce.
My bang bang shrimp air fryer recipe is the perfect party or game day snack. Serve a batch next to more fun party snacks like Air Fryer French Fries and Spinach Artichoke Dip with veggies. You could even replace the shrimp and make this recipe with chicken for a more hearty appetizer.
Bang Bang Shrimp Air Fryer – Bang Bang Shrimp recipe cooked in Air Fryer with a little bit of oil and served with an amazing bang bang shrimp sauce.
- Air Fryer
Bang Bang Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce or less or more to taste
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
Bang Bang Shrimp Batter
- 1-2 lb jumbo shrimp shell off and deveined
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup cornstarch *NOT FLOUR
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs more if needed
- 1 teaspoon parsley or cilantro finely chopped, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil for brushing air fryer pan and shrimp
- In a mixing bowl, add sauce ingredietns and whisk until everything is combined. Set aside.Next, preheat AIR FRYER (this is the one I have and love using!) to 400F. Grease air fryer pan with a little bit of oil of your choice, I like to use avocado oil.
- Working in batches, coat shrimp in cornstarch, after dip it in buttermilk and finally toss shrimp in bread crumbs.
- Add shrimp to the air fryer pan (make sure shrimp is not touching each other), then cover and cook for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip shrimp on the other side and brush or spray a little bit of oil on the top, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked thru and has crispy texture.
- Drizzle bang bang sauce over the shrimp and garnish it with greens of your choice like parsley or cilantro. Enjoy!
How to make Bang Bang Shrimp in the Skillet?After step #3, preheat a nonstick skillet on medium/high heat and drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of oil into the skillet.Once the oil gets hot, add coated shrimp & cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until shrimp is cooked thru. Drizzle the sauce of the shrimp. Enjoy!