When you need a unique and mouthwatering dish to serve alongside your favorite entrees, this Teriyaki Rice Pilaf With Mushrooms And Peas is just the ticket. It takes rice to another level and is certain to become amongst your most requested sides to share with family and friends
Like potatoes,rice is flexible and easy to change. During Colonial days, rice was filled essentially in the low nation of South Carolina and afterward it spread to different pieces of the South Atlantic and Gulf states. Rice has been fused into numerous exemplary Southern dishes and when I was growing up, my Mom made rice in some structure week after week. Indeed, her chicken and rice meal stays one of my #1 youth dishes. As a young lady, mushrooms weren’t my main thing from the dish, yet I developed to cherish them. I began giving my children rice at a youthful age and they love it, as well. Along these lines, dishes like this teriyaki rice with mushrooms and peas is ideal for me to fill in as a speedy and simple side dish with most any principle dish course. You may likewise prefer to attempt this Classic Rice Pilaf from Recipe Girl.
You can make this teriyaki rice with soy sauce when absolutely necessary at the same time, remember teriyaki will loan a more unpredictable flavor to the dish generally speaking. I regularly get this ready utilizing extra rice which makes it a fast brief side dish and can be made while you’re caught up with settling on your preferred course. this basic dish is sufficiently straightforward or a work day feast yet, heavenly for organization.
- 16 oz sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 6 green onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 cups cooked long grain white rice
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ cup frozen petite peas
- Heat a few drizzles of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the sliced mushrooms. Saute for 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms have released their juices, softened and browned. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the sliced green onions, minced garlic, ground ginger, red pepper flakes, garlic salt and black pepper. Add additional olive oil if needed. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the onions are softened.
- Lower the heat and add the cooked rice, teriyaki sauce and sesame oil. Continue to cook over medium until the rice is heated through..
- Add the frozen peas and stir over low heat until the peas are crisp tender.
- Serve immediately garnished with additional green onion, if desired.