Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Pesto Pasta is a simple, but hearty weeknight meal. Shredded brussels sprouts, crisp bacon and pasta are tossed together in pesto, parmesan cheese and fresh lemon juice. An effortless dinner that only takes 30 minutes to make!
Before we head down the bunny opening of everything Thanksgiving, I thought a speedy and simple supper formula was all together. This Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Pesto Pasta is as simple to make as it is fulfilling to eat!If you figure you don’t care for brussels grows, this is the formula that may really adjust your perspective. My significant other isn’t a fanatic of them, yet he adored this pasta. Truly, I’m not even sure he understood he was eating brussels sprouts. Between the bacon, pesto and parmesan cheddar, b-sprouts haters will struggle despising this dish.
At whatever point I make a formula that doesn’t utilize a ton of fixings I purchase the best quality fixings I can discover. For instance I binge spend and purchase a square of Parmigiano Reggiano and mesh it myself as opposed to getting one that is pre-ground. Nothing analyzes to the kind of Parmigiano Reggiano. Also when you purchase the square you can save the skin and use it in soups as I did with this Tuscan Chicken Tortellini Soup.
In case you’re hoping to make this pasta vegan it’s actual basic. You should simply exclude the bacon and utilize a tablespoon of olive oil to cook the brussels fledglings and garlic in versus the bacon fat. On the off chance that you need to add protein to the dish, I recommend including a container of flushed and depleted cannellini beans at the end.To make this Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Pesto Pasta, start by cooking the pasta. While the pasta cooks, meagerly cut the brussels sprouts. You can likewise utilize the destroying connection on a food processor or purchase then pre-destroyed at the supermarket. Then, cook the bacon in an enormous skillet at that point eliminate it and let it channel on paper towels. Slash it up into little pieces once it’s cool.
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 12 ounces brussels sprouts
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta shells or similar shape/size, gluten-free if needed
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions and drain. While the pasta cooks thinly slice the brussels sprouts or use the shredding attachment on a food processor.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon. Drain on paper towels and chop when cool enough to handle. Reserve one tablespoon of the bacon grease in the skillet and discard the rest.
- Add in the shredded brussels sprouts and red pepper flakes, season with salt pepper. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the garlic and sauté another 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped bacon, pasta, pesto, lemon juice and parmesan cheese into the skillet. Stir everything together until combined. Taste for seasoning and serve topped with extra parmesan cheese.
To save time you can buy a bag of pre-shredded brussels sprouts.