This daintily improved paleo and veggie lover chocolate mug cake is a delectable, one-serving treat, which can be made in almost no time! Liberated from grains, gluten, dairy, eggs, and refined sugar as well!
My family and I do a quick every January. One year we abstained TV, another we abstained espresso. This year we chose to quick grains. After the entirety of the occasion guilty pleasures, my body certainly required a break. In spite of the fact that I haven’t been tried for specific food sensitivities, there are a few grains that will in general cause me to feel swelled and substantial. I can tell a distinction in my body when I stay away from grains, which makes me dismal in light of the fact that I unquestionably loooove eating rice, oats, pasta, bread, and so forth!
I gotta be straightforward, attempting to consolidate sans grain flours to make a feathery cake-like surface without eggs isn’t simple. Indeed, I went through many practice mug cakes, a few of which were totally unpalatable. I worked with various blends of flours, attempting varieties of almond, coconut, custard, and cassava flours.
Indeed, I obviously needed to figure out how to get some yummy without grain treats in light of the fact that we as a whole realize I have a remarkable sweet tooth! While I’ve been making the most of my without grain brownies, fig bars, and chocolate chip treats, what I truly needed was some cake! So I went into the kitchen resolved to make a decent paleo + vegetarian well disposed mug cake that I can rapidly make over time at whatever point that sweet wanting hits.
- 1 tablespoon cassava flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 packed tablespoon coconut sugar (add an extra 1/2 tablespoon if you like it sweeter. Can also use another granulated sugar of choice)
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free mini chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 2 teaspoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice
- splash of vanilla, optional
chocolate glaze: (optional)
- 1–2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1–2 teaspoons cacao or cocoa powder
- In a large microwave safe mug, combine dry ingredients—flours, sugar, chocolate chips, cacao/cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- Stir in milk, oil, and vanilla. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips over the batter, then heat in the microwave for 60-90 seconds. Start with less time and add the extra 30 seconds if cake isn’t fluffy to the touch. Let cool slightly before serving. Delicious served with berries and chocolate glaze!
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup with cacao/cocoa powder, whisking till smooth. Add more cocoa to thicken or more syrup to thin. Drizzle over mug cake.