These delicate and flakey Cinnamon Glazed Chocolate Crescent Rolls couldn’t be simpler to make. Warm from the stove with a cinnamon sugar frosted from preparing, these have chocolate within and are the ideal little breakfast cake with that morning mug of espresso or tea.
Refrigerated bow batter gets loaded down with small chocolate chips, brushed with cooked margarine and abounded in cinnamon sugar. Simple peasy right?
Once in a while I play that game with myself and open the fridge and glance around. What could I make with what’s here? I mean they have cooking shows on that, correct?
Well I periodically do it and that is the manner by which these little Cinnamon Glazed Chocolate Crescent Rolls became. These are somewhat addictive! For these I thought, to add another flavor measurement, I’d earthy colored the margarine. I love the marginally nutty flavor it adds, yet go ahead and simply utilize liquefied margarine.
I realize time can be frustrated with kids, helping your mate, or not to mention yourself, get up and out the entryway regular. With the special times of year there’s consistently that additional piece of pressure and that is the place where you need these.
- 8 oz package Crescent refrigerated dough See Note 1
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small sauté pan add butter and cook on low until it starts to brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool. In a small bowl whisk together the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- On a clean surface unroll dough and separate into 8 triangles. On the wide end of the triangle of dough place one tablespoon of the chocolate chips (See picture above). Starting at wide end, roll dough over chocolate and to the tip of dough. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Repeat with remaining crescent dough and chocolate chips.
- Brush each crescent with browned butter and using one hand roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Put back on baking sheet and curve slightly to make crescent shape. Repeat with remaining and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- I used Pillsbury Crescent refrigerated dough, 8 pieces.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 280mg | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.5mg