Fresh fries without all the blame? That’s right! These stove fries are thrown with garlic olive oil, prepared, and presented with fiery sriracha ketchup. Crunchy, brilliant earthy colored goodness, very simple, and fast. You may never break out the profound fryer for potatoes again!
Straight up, these no-fry fries are really simple, basic bits of stove heated potatoes, served extra firm with a side of hot ketchup for plunging.
These are a lot better, however no less delicious variant, of “singed” fries for (yes I realize it’s excess yet I’m coming to a meaningful conclusion). We’re utilizing olive oil, we’re preparing in the broiler, and the most awesome thing? We’re not inclination even distantly cheated. This isn’t a formula that requires ability, time, or a huge load of steps. A few hints are important for progress.
Presently these can be presented with your #1 locally acquired ketchup or even hand crafted ketchup, however for added zip, feel free to give this sriracha ketchup a go. It’s essentially an energized rendition, utilizing locally acquired ketchup as the base. The sriracha (Asian hot stew sauce) brings the warmth, the nectar brings the sweet, and a scramble of vinegar brings the sharp.
I’m certain you will cherish these fries however much my family does and the best part is you can have a positive outlook on serving them as well!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and slightly smashed
- 3 russet potatoes (large), about 2 1/2- lbs, peeled
- 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp sriracha (Asian hot sauce)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until just shimmering, Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Discard garlic. (Garlic oil can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator.)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Stack the slices and slice into 1/4 inch strips. Alternatively you can use a mandolin to slice into strips.
- Toss the potatoes strips with the olive oil in a large bowl.
- Line two baking sheets with nonstick foil or parchment paper. Arrange potato strips in a single layer so the strips are barely touching. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 – 25 mins, flipping the fries once and rotating the pans midway through baking. Serve with sriracha ketchup.
- Whisk together all the ingredients until combined.
- DO NOT CROWD the pan. When you place the fries on the baking sheet, ideally they should not be touching, After you flip them, it’s okay, but really work on separating them right out of the gate.
- You MUST line the pan with either nonstick foil or parchment. They will stick otherwise. Trust me, this has been proven time and time again. Don’t waste your time or the ingredients. Line the sheet tray.
- Make more than you think. These babies are addictive and because they’re eh hem “healthy”, everyone eats more than they intend.
- Check them at 20 mins. We’re a “well-done” sort of family, so mine typically hit the 25 minute mark, but it’s your world and your oven so keep an eye on them and pull them when they are browned to your liking.
Oven Fries with Sriracha Ketchup
Calories 303Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g13%
Vitamin A 215IU4%
Vitamin C 13.4mg16%