This Vegetarian Lentil Tortilla Soup will be my all-time Favourite! It could be made in an instantaneous Pot stress cooker, sluggish cooker, or around the stove, for a straightforward and insane tasty soup everyone will like!
Cue the jazz fingers, people! Nowadays we’re creating a luscious, flavor-packed, rock-your-face-off vegetarian tortilla soup.
After very much deliberation (ok like 5 mere seconds) I made the decision the relationship of my Sluggish Cooker Poultry Tortilla Soup and Lentil Veggie Chili would maximize delightful union.
Obviously I had been right (otherwise we’d be discussing kale potato chips or spinach salads nowadays) and I’m so ridiculous excited to talk about that one with y’all nowadays!
Wait! Back to the recipe! It channels the flavor of my go-to tortilla soup perfectly, with the added bonus of extra veggies, extra legumes, and a swirl of creaminess that makes this easy, every day dinner soup feel like a luxurious indulgence.
As for the leftovers, yowza! I’m happily scarfing a leftover bowl of this Vegetarian Lentil Tortilla Soup while typing this, seriously! The flavors mingle and jingle and it’s just plain magic.
You should totally plan on snagging a bowl to take to work/school the next day and another to pair with a cheesy quesadilla for dinner. You can even stash a bowl or two in the freezer for heat and eat “fast food” without the fuss OR the sketchy ingredients.
It’s also a great use for rescuing all those broken tortilla chips at the bottom of the bag. Instead of tossing those crispity crunchity crumbs, use them as a tasty soup topper!
VEGETARIAN LENTIL TORTILLA SOUP
This simple peasy recipe produces 6 glasses of deliciousness. That’s sufficient for 6 side-dish size portions or 3 large bowls! Set it together with your favorite Mexican primary (anything from tacos to enchiladas to burritos) or perhaps a fresh salad for any delicious supper that won’t disappoint.
Meal prepping? Ensure it is in advance and revel in for lunches or meals all week very long! It’s FABULOUS the very next day and oh therefore flavorful!
COURSE MAIN DISH
KEYWORD VEGETARIAN LENTIL TORTILLA SOUP
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 50 MINUTES
SERVINGS 6 SERVINGS
CALORIES 284 KCAL
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- 2.5 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth if needed)
- 15 oz canned tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mild or medium salsa verde (or your favorite salsa!)
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 15 oz can black beans (drained + rinsed)
- 15 oz can pinto beans (drained + rinsed)
- 1 cup corn (fresh, canned, or frozen)
- 3/4 cup dried red lentils
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream* (optional – see notes)
- salt and pepper to taste
PILE ON THE TOPPINGS!
- crushed tortilla chips (my favorite!)
- shredded cheddar or mex-blend cheese
- sliced or diced jalapeños
- chopped red onion
- pico de gallo
- sliced avocado
- fresh cilantro
- sour cream or greek yogurt
- Below are the electric pressure cooker and slow cooker instructions, see blog post below for directions to make this bad boy on the stove.
- First, chop your veggies and measure out the ingredients.
- Next add everything but the heavy cream your toppings.
- This includes bell pepper, jalapeño, corn, lentils, black beans, pinto beans, broth, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salsa verde, and all your herbs + spices. Toss them in and set IP to high pressure for 15 minutes. Walk away; FREEDOM!
- Allow natural pressure release.
- Stir in the cream, add all your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS:
- First chop your veggies and measure out the ingredients. This will make everything super easy to toss together!
- Next add everything except the heavy cream and toppings.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours, until dried lentils are cooked through and veggies are tender. My soup was perfect after 5 hours on high.
- Swirl in the cream, add all your favorite toppings, and dive in!
Instead of the heavy lotion, feel absolve to make use of half-and-half or lotion cheese. Missing the cream? No issue! This recipe could be produced without it – allow your tastebuds become your guide.
For any thicker soup, sense free to then add corn tortillas (torn into items) towards the soup or just swirl smashed tortilla chips in to the soup after helping!
Feel absolve to adjust the regularity from the soup to your preference. The soup could be thinned with just a little broth or tomato sauce if preferred or thickened with additional cream or coffee beans/veggies! In the event that you add a large amount of extra water, consider amping in the spices a smidge to pay. You can even get this to as moderate or mainly because spicy as you would like. As created it’s around the medium side. The sort of salsa utilized, jalapeñoperating-system, and cayenne pepper will manage the heat element.
Want it very chunky? Feel absolve to add extra coffee beans and veggies! Just amp in the seasoning as required depending on just how much additional goodies you enhance the pot.
AN EMAIL ON Sodium AND PEPPER :: I keep salting the meal to the finish to avoid over-seasoning. With regards to the brand and kind of broth, tomato vegetables, and coffee beans that you utilize, the sodium content material will vary. I don’t include any salt before end once I’m able to flavor the soup.
Pressure cooker quality recipes always omit the facts so here is a breakdown of everything you can get time-wise: About 13 moments to come quickly to pressure plus quarter-hour cook period and 15 roughly to release stress. You won’t have to be anyplace near your kitchen area because of this all to partake, the moment Pot will manage everything and change to warm as soon as it’s done. Therefore fabulous right? For that slow cooker, just arranged a timer and you’re all set.
Estimated nutrition details below determined before optional lotion + toppings.