Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup With Is The Most Comforting, EASY Soup You’ll Make. You’ll Want To Dip Crusty Bread Into The Amazing Flavors In This Soup.
Moderate Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup doesn’t seem like it would be the most astonishing dish you need to make this season. I absolutely get it, the name kind of sounds like a canned soup you’d disregard.
What this soup really is? Astonishing. With a profoundly rich, tasty, sauce like soup loaded up with truly delicate nibbles of meat, potatoes, carrots, corn, peas and green beans, I guarantee you’ll really feel an influx of warmth and solace in this bowl of soup.
This soup has been a nearby second for me. Each time we make it I set the lethargic cooker to cook in the early morning and my better half stops at the supermarket in transit home from work to get two loaves of new French bread. Presented with a simple plate of mixed greens with a lemon olive oil dressing, this is one of our number one dinners (and the children love this soup as well!).
Yield: 8 Servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
Course: Main Dish
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper divided
- 4 russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 cup green beans diced
- 1 cup corn
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons beef base
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 5 cups water (or enough to cover the ingredients by about 1/2 inch)
- 1 cup frozen peas
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or other heavy skillet on medium high heat with the canola oil.
- Season the beef with half the salt and pepper.
- Sear the beef for 5-6 minutes on each side until you see a deep golden crust formed on each side.
- Trim any large sections of fat and cut the rest of the beef into 2 inch chunks.
- To slow cooker the add the beef, rest of the salt and pepper, potatoes, carrots, green beans, corn, garlic, yellow onion, bay leaves, beef base and tomato paste.
- Add water to your cast iron skillet on medium high heat and scrape up the browned bits in the skillet.
- Add the water to your slow cooker.
- Stir well and cook for 8 hours on low.
- Just before serving add in the frozen peas and stir.